Design Program Operations Director
Remote, United States
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries every year. Since its inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators (aka event planners) to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop, or a youth dance class. Creators have been the central focus for Eventbrite, with over 200 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences last year, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
In March 2020, Eventbrite went from 14 years of compounded growth to negative revenue in just 14 days. As Julia Hartz puts it, “ it was a crucible moment for us, to say the least.” EB saw this as an opportunity to examine its past and re-think core, long-term choices about who we serve, what makes us unique, and how Eventbrite can win in the marketplace. A focused three year strategy was developed as follows: 2021 build creator confidence by providing an intuitive self-service toolset for creators to manage their events, 2022 build a suite of marketing tools that leverage Eventbrite’s scale and data to empower creators to more effectively run their marketing and promotion, and in 2023, winning consumer choice as a destination to seek out live experiences, and in turn fuel creator growth through captive demand. As we embark on the next 3 years, we aspire to become the indispensable marketplace for live experiences, putting consumers at the forefront of our business.
Eventbrite is on the lookout for an experienced and dynamic Design Operations Program Director to be an integral part of our Design Team. This role offers an exciting chance to shape the future of Eventbrite's Design Team and the innovative products we develop. As the Design Operations Program Director your primary responsibility will be to spearhead the operational excellence within our Design Team. You will be at the forefront of defining, measuring, and enhancing the performance of our Design processes and teams. Your role involves keenly identifying areas that require efficiency improvements and implementing effective solutions. You will act as a vital collaborator to the Design Leadership Team, working closely with design, product, and engineering colleagues to ensure the Design Team operates at its peak efficiency and effectiveness. We are seeking a strategic thinker who is a self-starter, equipped with exceptional organizational and project management skills. The ideal candidate will have:
- Establish a Design Program Management Operations Team: It will be your responsibility to develop a best in class design program management team that supports and executes all programs within the UX design organization.
- Leadership in UX Design: Proven ability to lead and inspire a high-impact team of UX designers, fostering a collaborative and creative environment while ensuring timely delivery of top-quality design outputs.
- Track Record in Design-Led Organizations: Solid background working in organizations where design is a primary driver of innovation and business success, contributing to significant design-led transformations.
- Strategic Planning and Execution: Skilled in strategic planning, aligning design initiatives with organizational goals, and adept at navigating cross-functional dynamics to achieve design excellence.
- Design Advocacy and Team Development: Strong advocate for the value of design within the organization, with a focus on mentoring and developing design talent to achieve their full potential.
- Innovative Problem Solver: Recognized for employing innovative design thinking methodologies to solve complex user experience challenges, driving improvements in customer satisfaction and engagement.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Experienced in collaborating with diverse stakeholders, including product management, engineering, marketing, and customer support teams, to integrate user-centric design principles across various business functions.
- External Design Community Building: Champion Eventbrite's design culture in the wider design community, inspiring and attracting top talent and enthusiasts through thought leadership, public engagement, and showcasing our innovative practices.
- A minimum of 8+ years of program management experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.A proven history of fostering operational excellence and scaling effective processes.
- An in-depth understanding of the design process, with a proactive approach to identifying and addressing areas for improvement.
- Outstanding collaboration, communication, and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in working with diverse cross-functional teams, including design, product, and engineering.
- A deep-rooted passion for innovation and commitment to creating exceptional experiences for users.
- At Eventbrite, you'll have the opportunity to make a significant impact, driving operational success in our Design Team and contributing to our continuous pursuit of innovation.
- Application Process: Interested candidates are invited to send a resume and portfolio demonstrating relevant experience. Please note that the portfolio should specifically highlight the candidate's role and contribution to the showcased projects.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Eventbrite, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $173,900 to $278,280. You may also be eligible to participate in Eventbrite’s incentive program(s) (such as equity, annual incentive bonus and commission plans), subject to the applicable rules and restrictions.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are committed to providing competitive, valuable and meaningful benefits for our Britelings.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace. Read more about our Diversity and Inclusion work for our team, culture, and community.
We offer comprehensive benefits and a wellness package above and beyond standard medical benefits to support our Britelings’ lifestyle.
Eventbrite's global benefit programs are designed to meet you where you are by offering resources and support for your health, well-being, finances, and family. This includes support in a remote/hybrid environment, wellness allowance, Carrot family planning benefit, Origin Financial Planning service, and other offerings to ease the mind and body like Modern Health and BriteBreaks (generally the first Friday of every month off).
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing, marketing, and experience technology platform that serves a consumers and event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. With over 280 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2022, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.