Senior Quality Engineer I
Engineering – Quality and Release /
Remote / Full Time
This is a fully remote position in BC, Ontario or Quebec.
xMatters, an Everbridge company develops a cloud solution that connects insights from any system to accelerate essential business processes. Our extensible platform adds intelligent communication across the entire enterprise with automated, targeted communications to ensure that critical messages and notifications get through to the right people to get the job done.
xMatters, an Everbridge company is hiring a full-time Sr. Quality Engineer to test and maintain the quality of our cloud-based software products. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to join a successful and growing software engineering team. Our company is fast-paced and fun and offers great benefits and very competitive compensation.
What you'll do:
- Reviewing requirements/user stories for the purpose of identifying and closing gaps
- Designing, coding, maintaining, and executing automated functional, performance, availability and reliability tests
- Testing user stories such as deployment automation, failover, rate limiting, monitoring hooks, etc.
- Prioritizing testing tasks based on project goals and risks, and ensuring that testing milestones, activities and tasks are completed as scheduled
- Monitoring testing to assess progress and communicate risks with stakeholders
- Provisioning and maintaining development and test environments
What you'll bring:
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with software testing in fast pace environment
- Experience testing in cloud environment (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS)
- Experience integrating automated tests in CI/CD pipeline (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience designing, creating and executing automated test scripts
- Experience with a high level language (e.g. Java, Python)
- Experience with scripting (e.g. Bash)
- Experience with load testing frameworks (e.g. Jmeter)
- Experience with gap analysis of requirements
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Understanding of regression testing and risk based testing
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- A willingness to contribute ideas to testing methods and tool selection
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM
- Experience using deployment and software management tools
- Experience with large datasets and associated tools such as BigQuery
- Experience with automation frameworks like Rest Assured, Cypress, and Selenium
At Everbridge, we have a mission that matters – to keep people safe and businesses running during critical events. Our “Bridgers” join Everbridge to make a positive impact on the world through their work. The core of our company culture is built around making a difference. Our people are dedicated to solving problems during difficult times and challenging situations as our software was built to save lives.
We are a rapidly growing organization transforming the field of critical event management and need passionate, committed and determined individuals to help us carry out our mission. Our environment is dynamic, and our culture is constantly evolving and expanding in order to provide the best employee experience.
Click here to learn more about what we do. Passionate about our mission? Want to #BeTheBridge? Apply to be a part of our team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.