Technical Support Engineer
Professional Services – Technical Support
As a Technical Support Engineer III, you will be providing support to customers using Everbridge products. You will support all of Everbridge products, with an expert status on core products, by isolating, diagnosing, and reproducing technical issues in a timely manner for multiple enterprise customer issues. You will recommend solutions and maintain excellent records of all work and communications with the customer in a call tracking system, including documenting and reviewing solutions for a public knowledge base. To be successful in this role, you must possess excellent customer service and technical problem-solving skills.
What you'll do:
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations using various communication options.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed in order to work in a close team environment ensuring collaboration and teamwork aid in helping resolve customer issues.
- Be available for incoming calls and pull work from an incoming queue.
- Work occasional weekends taking incoming calls and pulling work from an incoming queue.
- Must be viewed as a team player.
- Coach/mentor/help other TSE’s with issues that need assistance through personal assistance, or via group review sessions.
- Ability to manage multiple high visibility customer issues, some of which may be escalated with urgency.
- Ability to work well with escalation management on escalated issues.
- An ability to make decisions or solve problems using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives and propose quality solutions
- Assist in reducing support load by writing on-line support materials (FAQ's and KB's), and proactively identify improvements to drive adoption. Will be identified as a key contributor to content.
- Accurately document and update tickets in the tracking systems. Able to maintain a personal queue of open requests while maintaining quick closure rates with higher customer satisfaction scores.
- Maintain communication with the customers on the status of all open tickets. All responses will be professional, complete, well formatted, and consistent with prior communications.
- Regular follow ups with customers with recommendations, updates, action plans, and acquire confirmation for delivered solutions.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate technology teams
What you'll bring:
- Years of experience in a technical, customer-facing role: 5+ years with BS/BA degree.
- Provides prompt and accurate feedback to customers, often exceeding their expectation, and acting with consistent urgency
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills. Ensure all issues are properly logged and tracked.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Able to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple tasks, act independently and exercise good judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Increasing ability to solve problems without assistance and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information may initially exist.
- Technical expertise in troubleshooting the following:
- Strong fundamentals in server administration/maintenance
- MS SQL querying and maintenance (or equal database experience)
- Active Directory Administration concepts
- Be familiar with API’s
- Email security/settings/protocols
- Network connectivity issues
- SSO setups (experience with an IDP a plus)
- Diagnosing component failures that are coming from a Saas application relying on many 3rd party vendors.
- Be able to review log files to trace failures to a particular component in an application or system
- Able to troubleshoot window applications with regard to browser use and environments. (Java/Flash/HTML)
At Everbridge, we have a mission that matters – to keep people safe and businesses running during critical events. Our “Bridgers” join Everbridge to make a positive impact on the world through their work. The core of our company culture is built around making a difference. Our people are dedicated to solving problems during difficult times and challenging situations as our software was built to save lives.
We are a rapidly growing organization transforming the field of critical event management and need passionate, committed and determined individuals to help us carry out our mission. Our environment is dynamic, and our culture is constantly evolving and expanding in order to provide the best employee experience.
Click here to learn more about what we do. Passionate about our mission? Want to #BeTheBridge? Apply to be a part of our team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.