Washington, DC /
Evergreen Strategy Group /
Full Time - Remote
Evergreen Strategy Group – a social impact, public policy, and communications agency – is seeking an Associate with excellent writing, research, and organizational skills to help build our fast-growing business leading strategy and policy development for purpose-driven companies and organizations.
As part of the Evergreen team, you will help craft and lead strategies and campaigns that help world-class brands and nonprofits make progress on important issues, from the climate crisis to racial justice to economic inclusion, and more.
Job responsibilities include:
- Writing: Draft op-eds, blog posts, speeches, and memos on policy topics and political issues. Must be able to write cleanly and quickly.
- Research: Produce memos explaining substantive public policy debates. Collect background material on potential clients, reporters and news outlets, and current events. Contribute research to inform speechwriting and messaging development. Should be able to analyze and distill complex topics with an eye for the colorful details that make for good storytelling. Closely follow industry trends, relevant public policy developments, and political news.
- Client relations: Coordinate with clients as needed and help cultivate Evergreen’s relationships with our external partners.
- Operations: Provide administrative support, coordinate work across multiple projects including scheduling for senior team members, manage various organizational processes and deadlines, and oversee interns.
Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of two years of combined experience working in communications or public policy roles in the corporate, political, or nonprofit sectors;
- Excellent writing, research, and organizational skills;
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Positive attitude and ability to work flexibly and collaboratively in a virtual work environment.
Evergreen offers a base salary of $60,000 - $70,000 for associates, along with our industry-leading 401K matching program, health plan, and PTO policy. Mentorship and professional development will be priorities. This is a remote-first position.
Evergreen is committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourages women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.