Washington, DC /
Evergreen Strategy Group /
Full Time - Remote
Please note: recruitment for the Summer Fellowship has closed. If you are interested in the Fall Fellowship, please apply below.
Evergreen Strategy Group – a social impact, public policy, and communications agency – is seeking a motivated self-starter to join our remote team as a Fellow for a competitive full-time, paid fellowship position from September to December 2022. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing, research, and organizational skills, and will have graduated in May 2022 (or within the last year).
Over the course of the four-month program, Fellows will work with Evergreen staff to craft and execute strategies and campaigns that help world-class brands and nonprofits make progress on important issues, from climate change to racial justice to economic policy, and more. This is a chance to learn about social impact and communications from the inside, working alongside experienced professionals who view mentorship as a top priority.
We are looking for candidates who are creative, organized, and eager to work on a wide variety of public policy issues across a range of clients.
Fellow responsibilities include:
- Writing: Draft op-eds, blog posts, speeches, and memos on policy topics and political issues. Must be able to write cleanly and quickly.
- Research: Produce memos explaining substantive public policy debates. Collect background material on potential clients, reporters and news outlets, legislation and policy developments across various issue areas, and current events. Contribute research to inform messaging development, speechwriting, policy memos, and other written products. Should be able to analyze and distill complex topics with an eye for the colorful details that make for good storytelling. Closely follow industry trends, relevant public policy developments, and political news.
- Operations: Provide administrative support, coordinate work across multiple projects including scheduling for senior team-members, and manage various organizational processes and deadlines.
Experience and Qualifications
- Recent graduate with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent; degrees related to communications, political science, or public policy a plus;
- Excellent writing, research, and organizational skills;
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Relevant work experience or internships are a plus;
- Positive attitude and ability to work flexibly and collaboratively in a virtual work environment.
The Evergreen Fellowship prioritizes career and skills development. Fellows will be paired with a current Evergreen staff member who will serve as a mentor and offer ongoing support throughout the fellowship program.
This is a remote position. Evergreen is committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourages women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.