San Francisco, CA
Everlane is looking for a highly-driven software engineer to join its fast-growing technology team. We are taking on increasingly complex challenges as a company reimagining the apparel industry and setting a higher standard of transparency.
We are a particular bunch of diverse backgrounds and skillsets. We value personal growth, get excited about a variety of topics, seek first to understand then to be understood, and may or may not get lost in frequent Wikipedia, StackOverflow, and YouTube rabbit holes. Most of all, we are excited to make the best products possible.
As a software engineer at Everlane, you will be integrated into a close and collaborative effort between engineers, product managers, designers, and stakeholders building the tools and user experiences critical to the success of the company. You will hit the ground running, learning on the job everything necessary to make a significant and lasting impact on the team. You'll be opening pull requests on your first day and shipping to production in your first week.
We work on a wide variety of internal- and customer-facing products. You can be optimizing inventory flow through our stores one week, and perfecting a product launch experience the next. Some of the projects we’re working on include:
- Automating our apparel design and production pipeline to support thousands of styles and the next ten years of scale.
- Architecting our data infrastructure that serves as the information backbone for all major business decisions.
- Bringing a brand new shopping experience to life, bridging physical retail with our online platform(we just opened our second store, with more to come).
- Continuing to deliver Everlane’s clean, innovative, and custom-built online shopping experience to millions of customers.
- Build clean, efficient, effective technical solutions for our most pressing business challenges
- Interface with product managers and designers on a daily basis to ensure projects are on time and successful in their delivery
- Through technology, support every team in the company — customer experience, data, apparel production, and creative, to name a few
- Be the technical voice of reason in meetings with business stakeholders
- Operate calmly to deliver complex features under high pressure and tight deadlines
- Able to balance idealistic technical options with practical business considerations
- Intellectually curious, always looking for the best tool for the job, never satisfied with“that’s how we’ve always done it”
- Eager to make a difference, patient enough to wait for code review
- Experience working cross-functionally with product managers and designers
- Working familiarity with any web development stack
- Experience with Heroku, Amazon Web Services, or similar cloud infrastructure services
- Experience building consumer-facing products at scale
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,300,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.