Junior Art Director
San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for a Junior Art Director to oversee editorial photography at Everlane. This role will work closely with the copy and production teams to bring the Everlane brand to life through photo and video. Beyond concepting and on-set art direction, this role will play a key part in casting and work to create and maintain strong freelance relationships. The right candidate has a love for brand building with a strong background in creative direction.
- Concept and direct editorial photoshoots. Own the full shoot process from initial concepting, to casting, to on-set direction to making selects.
- Brand development: continue to refine and hone in on the Everlane brand aesthetic through photography.
- Collaborate with the in-house copy, design and styling teams to create creative briefs and present to key stakeholders. Ensure stories are told in a consistent and on-brand way through brand visuals.
- On-set art direction: lead on-set team for editorial photoshoots.
- Casting: play a key role in editorial casting. Maintain strong agency partnerships and cast authentic, on-brand talent.
- Freelance Relationships: help maintain and develop outside vendor and freelance relationships for the photo team.
- Partner with producers to help manage shoot coordination, logistics and budgets. Responsible for executing creative within a set annual budget.
- 2+ years of relevant creative direction experience.
- Strong portfolio of relevant concepting work demonstrating an ability to produce on-brand creative.
- Keen eye and understanding of image composition and lighting.
- Background in video work a bonus.
- Experience in casting.
- Relevant freelance network and industry ties.
- Understanding of shoot production, experience in managing budgets.
- Photoshop and Bridge skills.
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,300,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.