Design Director - Mens and Womens Apparel
San Francisco, CA
Everlane is looking for a Design Director to lead and oversee our fast growing apparel categories. The ideal candidate has a deep background in men's and women's apparel, and is inspirational and innovative in their design with an obsessive eye for detail.
You will bring our designs to life by creating big ideas, reviewing samples, attending fittings and collaborating with the marketing, product development, merchandising and creative teams. You will need to be able to concept both modern designs in our existing line as well as new categories.
Our brand strategy is one built around key items. Your goal will be to create hit styles that can live with us for many years to come, and ultimately become commercial icons. This should be done through Everlane’s lens of minimalist design and functional comfort.
- Oversee design of all apparel at Everlane, responsible for launching 250-300 new styles a year across mens and womens
- Direct seasonal color and wash palettes
- Develop and present design concepts to creative, merchandising and product development
- Direct design teams on sketching and presenting new style assortments on a monthly basis
- Research and develop key seasonal ideas in addition to seasonal assortment
- Work with our sourcing and production team on all aspects of product development and production
- Partner cross functionally with brand and creative to ensure strong stories and multiple touch points of marketing for the customer
- Build and mentor a design team that can grow as our business expands
- 8-10 years of experience working on apparel design for a commercial brand
- Minimalist aesthetic with an eye for detail and quality
- Has the ability to manage teams of 10+ people
- Frequent travel to San Francisco, Europe and Asia
- Strong presentation and management skills
- Experience with working with overseas factories
- Trend understanding with industry awareness and knowledge of contemporary brands
- Positive energy with an ability to take feedback and work in a fast paced environment
- Already a fan and follower of Everlane
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,300,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.