Digital Product Designer
San Francisco, CA
Technology – Engineering
Everlane’s mission is to make ethical basics accessible to everyone around the world. We’re reimagining the apparel industry and setting a higher standard for transparency and sustainability. At Everlane we believe that great design improves people’s lives. We’re constantly thinking about how to make our experience the best it can be. In 2018 Everlane has been named as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company.
Come be a part of a growing team of designers, engineers and product managers passionate about solving increasingly complex problems. As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from product requirements to launch and beyond. You will address both product and business needs through user-centric design solutions. You will utilize your full range of research, interaction design, visual design and prototyping skills.
HOW WE WORK
- We’re an extremely collaborative team and work closely with engineers and product managers as well as key stakeholders across the organization.
- We participate in cross-team collaborations with data, marketing, and CX teams.
- We put an emphasis on the entire design process from a strategic definition, to research, prototyping, execution, and analysis.
- We move fast and iterate often.
- We commit to continually learning, training, and improving our individual skills and those of our teammates and colleagues.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You might tackle any of the below at Everlane:
- Design for our customer-facing website as well as internal tools(Point of Sale, CMS)
- Ideate and design A/B tests to optimize user experience
- Define complex end-to-end UX flows for a variety of touchpoints and user scenarios
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research
- Partner with product managers and engineers on product requirements
- Run usability testing to validate your designs and test assumptions
- Help build and implement Everlane’s design system
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in design discipline including but not limited to: Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Architecture, UI / UX, or Graphic Design.
- 3-5 years of working experience with digital products
- Proven working knowledge of design and prototyping tools(Sketch, InVision, Principle, Framer)
- Experience with user research as research is a key part of our design practice
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with A/B testing is a plus as we always seek out testable methods to improve features and experiences
- Past experience with consumer-facing technology companies, e-commerce, or retail is a plus
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,300,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.