Digital Product Designer
San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for a product designer to join our growing Digital Design team. We work closely with engineers and product managers within the Digital EPD (engineering, product and design) team.
We believe that all good design starts with understanding our users. We put an emphasis on the entire design process from strategic definition, to research, prototyping, execution, and analysis. We’re an extremely collaborative team and work closely with engineers and product managers as well as key stakeholders across the organization.
- We demonstrate beautiful and functional visual and interaction design, typography, and hierarchy for our core website and other digital touch points in the Everlane ecosystem.
- We define and work through complex end-to-end UX flows for all core and uncommon user scenarios and profiles.
- We address both product and business goals through user-centric design solutions.
RESEARCH & PROTOTYPING
- Experience with user research is a plus as research is a key part of our design practice.
HOW WE WORK
- We partner with product managers, engineers, and other designers on the team. We lead UX discussion in cross-team collaborations with data, marketing, and user-research. We openly and confidently express design vision and needs, and seek solutions that support engineering, business, and user needs.
- We share work early and often. We provide honest, thoughtful feedback for our team.
- We commit to continually learning, training, and improving our individual skills and those of our teammates and colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a design discipline including: interaction design, information architecture, user interface design, UX, or graphic design.
- 3+ years working experience—ideal past experience includes consumer-facing technology companies, e-commerce, or retail
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,000,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.