Associate Designer - Men's
San Francisco, CA
Everlane is building a first-class design team, we are currently looking for an Associate Designer that will focus on men's apparel. You must be passionate, enthusiastic, and rigorous, with an obsessive eye for detail.
You will bring your designs to life by sketching, draping, reviewing samples, attending fittings, and collaborating with product development, merchandising, and production teams. Our designs are seen by hundreds of thousands of people and are consistently featured in popular fashion publications.
Our brand ethos and design aesthetic is one of purity and simplicity; less is more. Our vision is to create perfect and timeless wardrobe pieces for every man (the tee, the pant, the perfect shirt...). We rely on a maniacal editing process to get these essential pieces just right, from fabric to fit, to drape and construction.
The ideal candidate graduated from a competitive design school and has ideally experience working with highly respected fashion houses.
- Report to the Men's Design Lead in the creation of men's apparel
- Build inspirational concepts and mood boards for product creation
- Hand sketch and create mock up designs on Illustrator for line review
- Work closely with the technical design and product development team to be able to communicate the vision behind the products
- Communicate with factories to express the product details for samples creation
- 3+ years of experience in men's product
- Bachelor's degree from top Fashion Design program
- Proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop with an understanding of PLMA
- Minimalist aesthetic with an eye toward detail and hand feel
- Research skills, coupled with industry awareness and knowledge of contemporary brands
- Obsessed with fashion and industrial design
- Positive energy with an ability to take feedback and work in a fast paced environment
- Well crafted organizational skills
- Excited about learning from your supervisor and other team members
- Respectful and supportive of team effort and teamwork
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,300,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.