Senior Backend Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Everlane is growing quickly. Our traffic and order volume dramatically increase each year, and we are seeing demand spread internationally.
This brings with it new technical challenges.
We are at an inflection point where our systems need to evolve to keep up with demand. We're looking for someone to join our small, scrappy engineering team as a key figure focused on the backend.
We are building the future of e-commerce and retail and would love for you to join us in developing the technology to service that vision.
- You write fantastic Ruby, but aren't tied to the language
- You have some systems programming experience, whether with a C-based language or something more modern like Rust or Go
- You prefer proven technologies
- You have a track record of inheriting complex systems, simplifying and scaling them
- You aren't fazed by legacy codebases or vendors
- We are a design-driven company who sees technology as a key competitive advantage in delivering a unique experience for our customers
- We have built all of our core systems in-house from day one
- We grow carefully and methodically
- We have a track record of employees growing with the company and maintaining our unique, transparent company culture
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,000,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.