Visual Store Specialist
San Francisco, CA
Retail Store Team – Valencia Street
We've opened our first permanent store in SF and are looking for a creative, perceptive and passionate Visual Store Specialist to be our key point person for visual merchandising and display coordination within the store.
Our flagship store will offer the widest range of Everlane product in-person yet—and you will play a huge role in establishing our visual language across our apparel, shoes and accessories in a permanent, physical retail environment for the first time. The in-store visual experience should translate intuitively from Everlane’s online world, while bringing styling cues and product storytelling IRL.
The Visual Store Specialist will be the point person to own ongoing visual operations, test and execute visual merchandising strategies—all while being responsible to the customer first, and maintaining both a beautiful and sales-driven presentation in the store. This role will report into the Store Leader.
- Work with customers first—partnering with the store team to deliver an exemplary customer experience
- Execute all weekly product launch and store refreshes and larger monthly store flips
- Act as a liaison between HQ, leadership and store teams by filtering communication of all visual initiatives and key product knowledge and messaging
- Coordinate all display and signage deliveries and installations
- Be the keeper of the store’s visual standards, supporting with training and ensuring standards are always maintained to keep the floor consistently looking top-notch
- Track weekly sales reports to make merchandising edits and advise on replenishments for the floor
- Partner with the BOH team to process inventory deliveries and ensure the flow of new product launches, replenishments to the sales floor, and take-backs
- 2–5 years of related visuals experience in a high-traffic retail setting
- College credit or equivalent work experience
- Ability to execute a creative strategy, problem-solve and think strategically, paired with a strong aesthetic perspective and love for design
- Strong communication skills that foster a transparent and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process-driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Are multi-taskers, jumping into any activity as needed to support the business
- Flexible schedule that will include working early mornings, late nights and overnights
- Able to travel and assist with new store openings
- Can climb a ladder and use tools necessary for role expectations; must also be able to bend/reach for product and lift/move at least 40 pounds
- Already a fan of the Everlane spirit
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,300,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Everlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.