Part-Time Online Support Associate
Work from Home
Everlane needs empathetic problem solvers for our Customer Experience team. We've been successful not only by fielding customers’ requests, but also anticipating their needs and staying one step ahead of the game. Our ideal candidate is someone with social intuition that knows when it's right to make an exception.
As a member of the part time Customer Experience team you'll work remotely and independently from your home. You will receive and answer all kinds of customer inquiries: providing sizing advice, handling damaged products, and tracking down packages. We take each email case by case and encourage our team to problem solve creatively.
The position is 20–25 hours per week. Our business hours are 9am–6pm PST, but we field inquiries throughout the entire day to ensure great customer service at all times. It’s the perfect gig for someone who wants to contribute to a fast-growing apparel brand while pursuing other interests.
We are prioritizing candidates who can work between 12a–8a PST or 8p–12a PST, with availability on Saturdays and/or Sundays.
Please note: We are only accepting applications from those who file their taxes in one of the following states: California, New York, Illinois, Pennsylvania.
Interview tips: Read this article(http://bit.ly/1PlCk1A) to help build the best resume and application for Everlane. Please keep in mind our interview process is tailored to the candidate and typically includes four video interviews and one project.
- Email all day, everyday; you're checking both Gmail and Zendesk every 24 hours
- Handle product issues: sizing + styling questions, damaged item scenarios
- Handle warehouse issues: wrong items and missing items
- Handle shipping issues: lost packages, delayed shipping concerns
- Study each new Everlane product weekly
- Must work at least 20 hours per week with blocked shifts of 3–8 hours
- We offer a 30% discount on all Everlane items, but there are no additional benefits as this is a part-time, contracted role
- You'll work alone every shift so you must be autonomous, self-managed, and resourceful
- Resume and application are 100% free of spelling or grammar errors
- You must have an up-to-date, working laptop or desktop computer with reliable Wi-Fi
- If you have a second job, it must not exceed 20 hours per week
- Ability to commit to a consistent schedule for at least a few months at a time
- Availability on at least 1 weekend day, Saturdays preferred.
- Zendesk experience is a plus
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,000,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: As a company, we take hiring very seriously. Our process tends to be longer than other companies because it's very important to us to find the best people to join our team.
Interviewing with Everlane may include any combination of the following: video interviews, phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Our goal is to assure we find the best mutual fit for each and every role.