Technical Design - Sample Coordinator
New York City, NY
Everlane is looking for an energetic Sample Coordinator to join our growing team. You will work side by side with our technical design team to manage all incoming samples and support the team in the creating technical packages and preparing for fittings.
Our brand ethos and design aesthetic is one of purity and simplicity; less is more. Our vision is to create perfect and timeless wardrobe pieces for every woman (the tee, the silk blouse, the trench, etc.). We rely on a maniacal editing process to get these essential pieces just right - from fabric and drape to fit and construction.
This position will start as part-time freelance role with the possibility of this role becoming full-time and a permanent role.
- Measure samples to ensure correct construction and accurate spec measurements
- Sample management; including chasing all samples, receiving parcels, and managing the sample tracking tool
- Create construction sketches
- Attend fit sessions to record comments
- Bring positive energy and high attention to detail to a fast moving environment
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Understanding of garment construction and patternmaking
- Strong planning skills with an ability to prioritize deadlines
- Knowledge of Adobe CS Illustrator, Photoshop and Excel
- A recent graduate of an apparel design, technical design or pattern making program
- The desire to grow into a technical designer role
At Everlane, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We have no middlemen taking their cut and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at a fraction of the traditional retail price. Since launching in November 2011, Everlane has attracted over 1,000,000 members and has been featured in The New York Times, New York Magazine, The Economist, Elle, and GQ.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Everlane may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.