Head of Communications
Everlaw is looking for a Head of Communications to join our rapidly-growing team!
We’re looking for a head of global PR & communications, reporting directly to the head of marketing, to evangelize our unique market advantage. This highly visible, leadership role will be responsible for developing and driving our external communications strategy. If you’re a master storyteller with a passion for building brands with integrity, at breakneck speed, then we need to talk.
This is a full-time on-site position located in Oakland, California.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop and execute the external communication strategy for Everlaw
- Develop narratives that elevate Everlaw’s brand, increase industry presence, promote product differentiators, showcase company momentum, and highlight key initiatives
- Oversee the execution of communication campaigns across press, social media, industry events, awards, and our blog to elevate our brand awareness within key audiences
- Act as primary contact for top-tier press, giving Everlaw both broad and deep connections to business and consumer press
- Generate engaging coverage of Everlaw in areas that will make the biggest impact within our community and drive both near-term business impact and long-term brand awareness
- Coordinate and manage our executive team as spokespeople, including creating positioning, facilitating training, and producing executive communications; build and execute a strategic plan that will put them in the right position to build our brand with the right audiences
- Dive into the data to report on performance and progress against goals, understand what works and what doesn’t, and iterate strategies accordingly
- Proactively report on outcomes, tactics, and program plans to internal teams (executives as well as the company at large)
- Evolve our internal communications program and partner with HR on corporate social responsibility, while aligning to our corporate vision and values
- Manage external agencies as neededTravel as needed
- 8+ years experience in corporate communications, strategic communications, public relations, or other relevant experience required
- Proven capabilities in executive speech writing required
- A proven ability to leverage data to report on performance and progress against goals and understand what works requiredExperience executing global campaigns required
- A track record of cultivating strong relationships with press/reporters/media/influencers required
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills required
- Experience managing external agencies preferred
- Enterprise tech communications experience required; pre-IPO startup experience preferred; experience in the legal field is a major bonus
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Reimbursement of bar membership
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host scores of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.