DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer
Join a growing, venture-funded startup! We manage hundreds of terabytes of data and dozens of AWS Instances across multiple VPCs. Our clients use Everlaw to operate on mission-critical and highly confidential data.
Our Infrastructure Team, with the help of our full-stack engineers, has laid the groundwork for our infrastructure, and we are looking to expand the team to take our infrastructure tooling and workflows to the next level. We have a history of building reliable software (we had 99.97% non-maintenance uptime last year). You’ll help us keep it that way—and get even better—as we expand our offerings and host orders of magnitude more data.
- Server administration, security, logging, and monitoring
- Configuration management, infrastructure as code, and AMI/container management
- Optimization of AWS resources
- Development and testing environments
- Redundancy and failover mechanisms for our production architecture
- New release deployments
- Aiding in critical issue resolution as needed (during work hours or otherwise)
- 2+ years experience administering a cloud environment
- Extensive scripting and Unix experience
- An obsession with automation and process improvement
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Comfort with administering an always-on platform
- Initiative and autonomy
- A commitment to security best practices
- Expertise in one or more compiled languages
- Specific expertise in Amazon Web Services
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Reimbursement of bar membership
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host scores of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.