Business Development & Intelligence
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our rapidly-growing team!
As a Data Scientist, you will draw on your technical aptitude, quantitative abilities, and business acumen to enable and evangelize data-driven decision-making in every part of the company. As a member of the business intelligence team, you excel in a fast-paced, self-starting environment. You are self-driven, naturally curious, and highly logical; someone who can take on complex problems, suggest a rigorous approach, and provide clear solutions. You have exceptional collaboration and communication skills, and can work across teams to discover opportunities and influence decisions with data. You have the technical chops to drive change through data insights: you know how to plow through data with SQL/Python/R/Tableau, surface insights using math/statistics/ML techniques, and measure the business impact using efficiency/conversion/profit metrics. This position is a particularly good fit for someone interested in joining a fast-growing startup and helping it scale, drawing on and expanding the breadth of their proficiencies alongside the development of the company.
If this sounds like a match, we’d love to hear from you! This is a full-time on-site position located in Oakland, California.
Mission—What you will do in the next 12–18 months:
Help internal teams derive insights from various data sources using tried-and-true statistical methods as well as machine learning models you will help build. Create and maintain data pipelines for better data analytics storage and reporting. Be a strong advocate for data-driven decisions and for rigorous statistical analyses.
Outcomes—What you will achieve in the first 12–18 months:
- Produce detailed reports and analyses using statistics and ML techniques to illuminate relationships between factors that drive growth, customer satisfaction, feature adoption, and other business metrics
- Create powerful dashboards and self-service reporting tools that teams can use to drive decisions and gain insights about performance and other metrics, as well as ad hoc reports to enable data-driven decisions and satisfy client needs
- Design and carry out experiments to test the efficacy of different options for user outreach
- Identify new data sources and create resilient pipelines that will aggregate cross-company data as well as store data in an easy-to-use manner for the company
- Use your knowledge of ML techniques to assist developers in implementing production-level AI features
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience working with tools and languages for data analysis (e.g. Python, pandas, numpy, scipy, R)
- 1-3 years experience working with machine learning libraries (e.g. Scikit-learn and TensorFlow)
- Experience querying data from SQL and PostgreSQL databases
- The ideal candidate will be able to not only gather the data they need from within the databases, but will relish the opportunity to explore the company’s data sources
- Self-starter and quick learner. We need people who value being part of a team, but also can get things done on their own.
- Ability to turn findings into a story and communicate results in a way that all teams will understand.
- Authorization to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- Familiarity with Tableau or other data visualization software
- Background in data engineering
- Java experience
- Visualization skills
- Experience working with GitHub or other version control software
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Reimbursement of bar membership
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your own hardware and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host scores of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.