Everlaw is looking for a highly motivated individual to be the Senior Accountant on our growing finance team! You will be responsible for all the day-to-day accounting while being a key player in shaping our accounting processes, controls, and identifying areas for improvements. We are looking for someone detail-oriented and who enjoys working with people in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Manage processes and prepare accounting entries for various domestic and international activities including: payables/receivables, credit cards, reimbursed expenses, accrued expenses, capitalized/fixed assets, payroll/PTO, etc.
- Lead the entire month-end accounting close process, which includes account reconciliation, calculating allocations, journal entries, etc.
- Prepare and review subsidiary and consolidated financial statements
- Advise and apply complex accounting topics such as revenue recognition, sales tax, payroll tax, intercompany receivables, international subsidiary operations, and more
- Coordinate and assist with external tax professionals and auditors
- Assist with tax filings, financial statement audits, NetSuite improvement projects, and internal documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, CPA license preferred
- Minimum 4+ years experience, mix of Big 4 public accounting and industry preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, and SEC requirements for accounting and reporting
- Meaningful participation in month-end closing activities
- Experience with NetSuite and other startup tools (Expensify, Bill.com, Gusto, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Authorization to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Reimbursement of bar membership
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host scores of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.