Financial Operations Specialist, AR
Oakland, California /
Everlaw is looking for a Financial Operations Specialist to join our rapidly growing Finance team. As a member of Financial Operations, you’ll be responsible for processing Everlaw’s account receivables. You’ll participate in month-end close, look for opportunities to make the order to cash process more efficient, and support other finance initiatives. Reporting to our Controller, you will have a great opportunity to own Everlaw’s internal billing system, showcase your problem-solving abilities, and amaze everyone with your attention to detail while supporting Everlaw’s meaningful work in the industry, valuing truth and helping our users discover it.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and democratic, and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
This is a full time on-site position located in Oakland, California.
In the first few months, you will
- Prepare, post, verify, and record customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Generate monthly billing statements along with reconciling the final sales at the end of each month.
- Handle all billing inquiries and invoice questions/issues through appropriate communication channels.
- Collect on outstanding invoices and help resolve bad debt.
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you will bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1. You will have time to develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects of Everlaw.
In your first year, you will
- Act as a liaison between engineering and finance for billing system improvements.
- Coordinate with Sales and Account Executives, validating data integrity within our CRM system and contracts.
- Become a subject matter expert on revenue recognition and how it relates to the AR sub-ledger.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience.
- You have at least 3 years of progressive accounts receivable experience.
- You have basic knowledge of US GAAP.
- You have accurate and timely accounting data entry skills with attention to detail.
- You have exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- You have international experience working for a US multinational company.
- You have experience working in a large ERP (SAP, Oracle, NetSuite) environment.
- You have experience working in a fast-growing startup environment.
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401k with company matchingHealth, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- “Ranked #1 on G2 for Ediscovery Software and Momentum” and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through “Everlaw for Good”
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for preferred pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.