Manager of Customer Support
We're looking for a smart and ambitious Manager of Customer Support with strong domain expertise and talent for building an effective and flourishing team!
Everlaw works with high-powered law firms, governments, and corporations to support litigation and investigations with pressing deadlines worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Our Support Team must be responsive, intelligent, and highly-effective to support these discerning customers, and our clients often point to the outstanding support experience they receive from Everlaw as one of our selling points.
As Manager of Customer Support, you will be responsible for participating in and managing the support team, guiding ongoing training efforts and support of new features, and maintaining a high level of service for our customers. You will own the day to day management of the team, as well as the processes and structure that help the team be efficient, stable, and effective as it rapidly scales. Our ideal candidate has deep experience in a technical support organization and understands the day-to-day aspects of customer support - managing tickets, promoting self-service, and providing feedback to engineering. You should be comfortable in a very hands-on role, ensuring quality across the team, and be able to manage projects through to completion.
If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you! This is a full-time on-site position located in Oakland, California.
- Manage and grow a support team while driving exceptional customer satisfaction scores and other customer support metrics
- Explore, implement, and integrate systems that will help the team scale through tremendous growth
- Manage the interactions between Support and Development on customer issues/feedback
- Manage onboarding and continuous education for members of the support team and mentor new hires
- Produce reporting that demonstrates team effectiveness to Engineering, PM, and Leadership teams
- Foster a healthy, motivated, and collaborative culture while developing internal staff in their professional growth
- Project manage one-off projects assigned to team members, while thinking strategically about short- and long-term goals
- College graduate, technical degree a plus or equivalent hands-on experience
- 4-7 years of experience in technical support or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in real-time operations and people management at a high growth company
- Strong ability to think both strategically and tactically, thrive in ambiguity, and adapt on the fly to evolving situations
- Ability to identify and deliver on tool and process improvements to enhance efficiency
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, whether communicating with high-value customers or to work more effectively across teams
- Knowledge of best practices in support
- Interest in joining a fast-growing team and having a big impact on the success of the product and company
- Authorization to work in the US; please note that Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions at this time.
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Reimbursement of bar membership
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your own hardware and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host scores of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.