Visual Communications Designer
We’re looking for a Visual Communications Designer to join our rapidly-growing marketing team!
Everlaw is looking for an experienced Visual Communications Designer to join our marketing team in Downtown Oakland. You’ll work alongside our marketing content creators and event & digital program leads to conceptualize, plan, and execute cross-platform marketing campaigns. You'll also help define and evolve our visual identity system, and develop content and collateral to help drive adoption of new products and initiatives.
The bulk of the work product will consist of graphic design, but could also occasionally include digital animation, digital photography, computer illustration, mixed visual media, and advertising.
If this sounds like a match, we’d love to hear from you! This is a full-time on-site position located in Oakland, California.
- Develop a visual strategy for brand communications across print and digital media
- Help stakeholders identify and effectively articulate their core visual message + work to help refine sales pitches, internal presentations and board decks
- Provide creative direction for photography and video shoots
- Interview and manage contract creative resources as the company grows
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- 4 or more years of full-time in-house or agency experience as a visual communications lead or graphic designer
- An in-depth knowledge of design strategy, best practices and industry trends
- A portfolio that demonstrates versatility, ingenuity and strong design fundamentals
- Basic knowledge of the startup world and interest in tech/software/SaaS-based businesses
- The ability to present your work confidently, concisely and independently
- Working knowledge of HTML and other web technologies is a plus
- Authorization to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Reimbursement of bar membership
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host scores of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.