Senior Legal Operations Manager
Oakland, California /
Everlaw is looking for a highly-motivated Senior Legal Operations Manager with strong attention to detail, a self-starter attitude, and a dedication to continual improvement of personal skills and team processes. You’ll use your dedication to process-driven growth to help scale all legal operations, and work closely with the General Counsel and other company stakeholders to create processes and practices to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the legal team, facilitate change and control costs. You might also negotiate inbound agreements, from time to time. And your work will matter-- you’ll help expedite legal review and processes that contribute meaningfully to building a company that promotes justice by illuminating truth. This is an individual contributor role, reporting to the General Counsel.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and democratic and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you! This is a full-time, exempt position located onsite in Oakland, California.
In your first few months you will
- Identify and implement legal department tools to streamline new or existing practices, as well as manage design, rollout, and training for new systems.
- Develop, implement, and manage a contract management strategy that includes a contract workflow and management system and provides critical business intelligence to the organization.
- Define and enforce processes and policies in support of the contract management strategy.
- Define and enforce processes and policies to manage outside counsel usage and spend.
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you will bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1. You will have time to develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects of Everlaw.
Going forward, you will
- Help develop, refine and promote the legal department’s mission, and develop and execute on the department’s short and long-term operations plan.
- Manage other plans or initiatives to make the legal department more efficient, as delegated by the General Counsel.
- Report on key operational and substantive metrics for the legal group that will better inform decision-making, including matter and work product analyses.
- Assist with budget matters and optimizing workflows within the legal department.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Sales, Customer Success, Business Development, Security and Compliance, and Finance as well as various business units.
- Help solve problems in a way that fosters trust between the legal department and internal stakeholders.
- You are a clear, fast, and friendly communicator, confident in supporting and collaborating with colleagues across the legal department and business.
- You are very organized and excel at handling multiple responsibilities at the same time, thriving at meeting deadlines and solving problems in a fast-paced environment.
- You may have some experience supporting a sales organization.
- You have the ability to explain contract language to a non-legal audience.
- You have at least 7 years of relevant contract or project management experience.
- You have experience with contract legal management tools.
- You are service-oriented.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree with a preference for a MBA or a Juris Doctor degree.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Fully paid pregnancy and bonding leaves for new parents (including adoptive and foster)
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- “Ranked #1 on G2 for Ediscovery Software and Momentum” and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through “Everlaw for Good”
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for preferred pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity, including the California Equal Pay Act.