Customer Support Manager
Oakland, California /
Customer Success /
Everlaw is seeking a highly-motivated Customer Support Manager that lives our company values of mutual respect, egoless communication, a drive to set a higher bar, and a relentless focus on the client experience. As a key leader of the Customer Support team, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of Customer Support Specialists that are the first line of contact for our clients. You’ll develop a team that provides an industry changing experience via answering client questions, teaching product functionality and troubleshooting technical issues via phone, in-product messaging, and email. You’ll also collaborate with Engineering, Customer Success, Data Operations, and Support Operations to ensure a fantastic client experience with respect. Your work will matter-- you'll greatly impact the day-to-day experience of our clients, be a strong mentor and scale the team.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and democratic and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
This is a full-time on-site position located in Oakland, California.
In your first few months you will...
- Become product certified! You’ll start your journey completing training modules to get up running on the ins and outs of the Everlaw platform
- Lead a team of Technical Support Specialists that provide on-demand support to Everlaw clients via phone, email and in-product messaging.
- Create long-lasting relationships with clients to understand support requirements and ensure the team is structured and delivering customer requirements.
- Be responsible for day-to-day operations of the Customer Support team including; managing queue schedules, ensuring proper coverage and timely response to Everlaw customers.
- Identify, track, and deliver client experience metrics including wait time, resolution time, and customer satisfaction scores.
- Develop a strong relationship with Engineering to drive product improvements.
- Lead meaningful one-on-ones with your team, providing thoughtful feedback and supporting career growth goals.
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you’ll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1. You’ll have time to develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects of Everlaw.
In your first year, you will…
- Use your process driven mindset collaborating cross-functionally to design and improve processes, support closure of client escalations, and drive client experience metrics to goals, ensuring an industry-leading customer experience.
- Review customer feedback from Net Promoter Score surveys and CSat surveys and contact customers to understand experience and drives to improvement.
- Hold quarterly performance and development objectives meetings with all direct reports and work directly with specialists to build out development goals and pathways.
- You have at least 3 years in a Customer Support leadership role.
- You have experience defining and driving customer support metrics, with a focus on improved wait time and resolution times.
- You build strong relationships with director reports, colleagues, and clients. You'll use your customer centric mindset and leadership skills to develop and motivate your team and partner with clients to understand requirements and develop proactive support.
- You are a thoughtful collaborator, partnering cross-functionally to drive a streamlined customer experience.
- You are a strong written and spoken communicator with engaging presentation skills.
- You have experience using Salesforce, Zendesk and/or Strikedesk.
- You have experience working in LegalTech or SaaS, but this is not required.
- You are comfortable using Google Applications, such as GMail, Google Calendar and Google Docs.
- You have experience working with support tools such as a CRM and Queue/Shift Management Software.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- “Ranked #1 on G2 for Ediscovery Software and Momentum” and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through “Everlaw for Good”
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for preferred pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.