Marketing Automation Manager
Oakland, California /
Everlaw is looking for an experienced and technical Marketing Automation Manager to join our rapidly growing team. You’ll use your process-driven mindset and marketing automation expertise to drive the Marketing team to the next level, both by optimizing how we use our current technology, as well as making recommendations, deploying, and integrating new platforms and processes into our marketing technology stack. You’ll work closely with our growth marketing team and our marketing technology to drive demand generation and nurture programs supporting our business objectives and scaling an organization that is doing meaningful work in the industry, valuing truth and helping our users discover it.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and democratic and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
This is a full-time on-site position located in Oakland, California.
In your first few months, you will...
- Work closely with our growth marketers to understand how they are currently using our marketing technology, and their pain points, frustrations, and manual workarounds.
- Review and audit existing automation processes (e.g. campaign naming conventions, lead scoring, and MQL thresholds) and propose “quick wins”.
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you’ll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1. You’ll have time to develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects of Everlaw.
Moving forward, you will…
- Partner with growth marketers to build, test, launch, and evaluate demand generation and nurture campaigns via email, landing pages, and forms, to produce qualified leads, improve the customer experience, and increase retention.
- Refine existing and develop new processes to improve the flow of leads from HubSpot to Salesforce CRM, and track leads as they progress down the sales funnel developing process documents and user guides.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders on Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Security and Compliance teams to organize and improve email programs, develop process documentation, deliver training, and provide ongoing coaching to standardize company-wide email practices.
- Manage our marketing technology platforms, and partner with the sales operations and business intelligence teams as the marketing advocate for integrated platforms such as Salesforce CRM and Tableau data visualization.
- Evaluate and recommend new marketing technology and processes to incorporate into our business, including marketing attribution modeling, lead scoring/qualification, data enrichment, analytics, and Account Based Marketing (ABM) platforms.
- You are experienced and curious about marketing technology. You have at least 4 years of experience working in a marketing automation role, with extensive knowledge of a marketing automation platform (HubSpot preferred), integration across marketing/sales systems (notably Salesforce CRM), and a desire to maximize how marketing technology drives revenue.
- You are an expert with email marketing operations. You are confident and capable at building and testing email campaigns and sequences, using filters and advanced rule logic to develop audiences and segmentations, developing performance reports and recommending optimizations, and have extensive knowledge of email compliance opt-in rules and best practices.
- You are meticulous, organized, and communicate clearly. You are process-driven, consider documentation invaluable, have solid project management and organizational skills, and can communicate clearly with diverse stakeholders.
- You have a flair for testing, experimentation, and optimization. You’ll work regularly with growth marketers to design and conduct A/B testing on email, landing pages, and forms, to improve engagement and conversion rates..
- You flourish working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, preferably a Software as a Service (SaaS) startup in the B2B space.
- You have managed a marketing automation platform migration from an initial analysis-of-alternatives to deployment into production.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Fully paid pregnancy and bonding leaves for new parents (including adoptive and foster)
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- “Ranked #1 on G2 for Ediscovery Software and Momentum” and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through “Everlaw for Good”
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for preferred pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity, including the California Equal Pay Act.