Join our rapidly-growing team!
Our fast growing company is looking for an experienced individual to join our company in the role of Security Engineer. The ideal candidate will implement and support our information security practices within our operational infrastructure. The Security Engineer is responsible for ensuring that Everlaw’s infrastructure has sufficient protections from security-based threats. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company and help us reach our security goals.
If this sounds like a match, we’d love to hear from you! This is a full-time on-site position located in Oakland, California.
- Directly supports compliance efforts with established security, confidentiality and privacy standards (e.g. SOC 2 Type II, GDPR HIPAA, NIST SP 800-53)
- Maintains responsibility for operational security practices through the identification and evaluation of security protection measures and controls around our technical operations infrastructure
- Conducts regular vulnerability assessments as well as penetration tests to discover weaknesses in system infrastructure and company practices
- Manages and implements security infrastructure including automated vulnerability assessment tools, Intrusion Detection Systems (office and cloud), and static/dynamic code analysis tools
- Monitors intrusion detection systems and antivirus alerts, providing timely response to suspected incidents, performing root cause analysis, documenting results, and working with staff to implement necessary remediations
- Responsible for reviewing and applying threat intelligence feeds to ensure alerts are effective and up-to-date
- Provides advice in the development of internal security compliance controls
- Ensures that production systems are patched against current known vulnerabilities
- 2-4 years of relevant experience, ideally in a similar environment
- Clear, fast, and friendly communication skills
- Intense organization and process-focus, excels at handling multiple responsibilities at the same time
- Effective in a fast-paced environment with important deadlines
- Direct experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls, and content filtering
- Familiarity with the security concerns of web applications and cloud environments
- Familiarity with designing secure networks, systems, and application architectures
- Experience planning, researching, and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Ability to clearly and concisely explain security concepts and concerns
- Authorization to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring employment visas
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Reimbursement of bar membership
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your own hardware and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host scores of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.