IT Help Desk Support Specialist
Our fast-growing company is looking for an experienced individual to join our company in the role of IT Help Desk Support Specialist!
The ideal candidate will harmonize and streamline our processes for outfitting, securing, and maintaining all computer workstations, associated software, and conference room technology within the Everlaw offices. The IT Help Desk Support Specialist will also be the primary point of contact for computer, conference room, and network issues, directly supporting all team members on related problems. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company and help us build our entire IT infrastructure!
This is a full-time, onsite role based in our Oakland office.
- Order, provision, maintain inventory, and manage employee computer hardware/IT equipment, accessories, and key cards. This includes ensuring that all computers remain in compliance with relevant security policies (e.g., updates and patch management, antivirus, access controls, etc.) and creating, and maintaining up to date Everlaw images for Windows and MacOS Workstations
- Provision and manage loaner computer hardware; maintain and own IT asset management software (Asset Panda)
- Promptly triage, troubleshoot and resolve user issues related to infrastructure, both internally hosted and cloud based. This includes workstations, printers, copiers, projectors, phones, key cards, wired and wireless networks, and video conferencing
- Assist with new orientation/hire set up and manage any IT related questions, including setting up hardware for all new employees
- Serve as key point of contact for employee IT questions and own IT-related tickets
- Author and edit content for our internal Wiki to educate the team on IT procedures; produce FAQs and other resources important for efficient scaling
- Research new and innovative solutions to address the technical needs that arise and improve IT within the organization
- Manage technical projects and initiatives as needed to support the business
- Implement security and audit cadence for all workstation computers
- Work with the security team to remediate issues impacting IT infrastructure or employee software/hardware
- Build corporate partnerships with vendors and companies to streamline processes and reduce costs
- Additional duties will include mounting projectors, routing cables, installing and maintaining video-conferencing equipment, and conference room availability and booking systems
- 1+ years experience with setup and configuration of end-user desktop and laptop computer hardware, software, printers, phones, cell phones, and peripherals
- 2+ years experience in a technical support role. Experience working with IT or related ticketing system; cloud-based file sharing services such as Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in support and troubleshooting of Windows and MacOS (Max OSX 10.10+, Windows 8 or above) and mobile devices running iOS & Android; Linux experience preferred but not required
- Friendly and helpful attitude; strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Intensely process-focused and detail-oriented, excels at handling multiple responsibilities at the same time
- Interested in learning about security best practices and implementation
- Effective in a fast-paced environment with important deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Ability to independently research technical problems, evaluate options and generate solutions
- While this role is primarily business hours, willingness to work flexible hours at times, based on needs, and after hours on occasion for critical projects
- Ability to crouch beneath desks for workstation installation, work on ladders for wireless system maintenance, etc.
- STEM Degree or equivalent work experience
- Authorization to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions
- Experience with IT Asset Management Systems (Asset Panda)
- Experience supporting conference room systems and activities
- Past experience in a similar role
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Reimbursement of bar membership
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host scores of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.