Join a growing, venture-funded startup! You'll be developing core components of our litigation infrastructure, an online platform for lawyers to review, analyze, and collaborate on millions of documents.
Tackling litigation with technology is a surprisingly deep challenge, and it requires in-depth computer science, including machine learning, data visualization, search, distributed systems, databases, real-time collaboration, nifty user interfaces, and more.
We're looking for full-stack generalists. We value great CS fundamentals, native ability, and humility, over experience with any particular platform, technology, or specialization. If you happen to have a specialty, we'll put that to use -- but we won't restrict you to that area.
We care a lot about finding the best engineers, writing correct software, using the right tools for the job, and avoiding dogma. As a result we've been able to build quite a bit of sophisticated technology with a small, talented team. It's the kind of culture where you'll own serious features, write great code, learn a huge amount, and have a lot of fun. There are no sprints and no deadlines (!); code quality and maintainability is paramount.
We code primarily in Java, TypeScript and Python. This position covers a range of experiences and salary levels.
If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you! This is a full-time on-site position located in Oakland, California.
- Experience with a compiled language, such as C, C++, or Java
- Good knowledge of algorithms and fundamental computer science concepts
- A love of building systems
- An eye for aesthetics and user experience
- An eagerness to learn new technologies
- Authorization to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent coursework
- Scripting language experience (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Familiarity with UNIX
- Good writing and communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for preferred pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.