Oakland, California /
Everlaw is looking for a Procurement Manager to join our rapidly growing Finance team. As our first dedicated procurement hire, you will be responsible for owning the purchasing policy and processes within Everlaw. You’ll coordinate with finance and our Security and Compliance team to establish corporate policies and processes that will enable efficient vendor review, selection, and management. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, you will have a great opportunity to work across the organization to develop a company-wide purchasing workflow as Everlaw continues to grow. Moreover, you will have the opportunity to amaze everyone with your understanding of process-driven growth while supporting Everlaw’s meaningful work in the industry, valuing truth and helping our users discover it.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and democratic, and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills, or have more skills than what we are describing, and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
This is a full time on-site position located in Oakland, California.
In the first few months, you will
- Learn about the current processes and tools that we have used to manage procurement and understand the importance of this function as it relates to the industry we serve.
- Take over the procurement function from our Security and Compliance team, then work across the company to continue to develop purchasing policies and processes that allow for efficient vendor selection, management, and internal review.
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you will bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1. You will have time to develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects of Everlaw.
In the first year you will
- Own Everlaw’s purchasing policy and processes and collaborate with cross-functional business partners to optimize organizational spend.
- Lead new vendor initiatives and be the link across Legal, Security, FP&A, Accounting, and the business in the procurement process, including vendor selection and contract/pricing negotiations.
- Streamline vendor onboarding policies and manage approved vendor lists.
- Evaluate Everlaw’s spend on a regular basis to help prioritize sourcing initiatives and saving opportunities.
- Continually strive to make the procurement process more streamlined for yourself, the business, and our vendors.
- Educate employees in our company’s procure-to-pay process, which you have helped establish.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience.
- You have at least 5 years of progressive procurement experience. If you have significantly more, even better!
- You can lead the work, and you can actually do the work in a fast-growing start-up environment.
- You have worked at a company that required you as an individual or part of a team to establish or improve a procurement function.
- You bring a collaborative work style and the willingness and demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across an organization with multiple locations.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- You have international experience working for a US multinational company.
- You have experience working with, choosing, and implementing procurement tools (e.g., Coupa).
- You can envision and build the team, processes, and systems essential to the procurement function as the company grows.
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- “Ranked #1 on G2 for Ediscovery Software and Momentum” and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through “Everlaw for Good”
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for preferred pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.