Head of Product Design
Everlaw is looking for a Head of Product Design to join our rapidly-growing team!
As Head of Product Design, you will lead a team of talented product designers. This team is responsible for taking complex information and building comprehensible user experiences. You will influence the creative strategy of the product and advocate for our users. You will work closely with product specialists to understand our users’ behaviors and needs and improve upon existing user research methods. You will make sure that there are good processes in place so that designers can focus on delivering awesome features. You will help designers set clear goals, provide feedback, and manage project workloads while pitching in where needed.
If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you! This is a full-time on-site position located in Oakland, California.
- Collaborate with and coach designers through complex design problems, product ideation, and any interpersonal issues that arise
- Take responsibility for style across product design; this includes promoting design guidelines, establishing a design system, and setting a high design bar
- Partner with product, engineering, and other stakeholders to ensure projects are well-defined and successfully executed
- Foster and champion a design culture across the organization
- Coach and mentor designers to drive strong performance and support career growth
- Define and establish effective design processes that emphasize user-centered design techniques, leverage user research, and foster an environment of excellence
- Have an active voice in the product strategy and have a clear vision on how to execute design work towards it
- 3+ years of experience hiring, managing, and developing a product design team
- A portfolio of relevant design work, executed either by yourself or a team that you ledBroad design, UX, and strategy toolkit: including, but not limited to, design thinking and facilitation, design systems, prototyping, and user research
- Excellent people and project management skills
- Experience designing a SaaS product
- Ability to understand complex feature sets
- Authorization to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- You’re familiar with the legal and ediscovery industries
- Experience working at a high-growth technology company
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Reimbursement of bar membership
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host scores of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.