Customer Success Associate
Oakland, California /
Customer Success /
Everlaw is looking for a highly motivated Customer Success Associate to join our rapidly-growing team! As a Customer Success Associate, you’ll directly manage the day-to-day experience of our clients, helping legal teams get the most out of Everlaw in their critical litigation. You’ll help us set our own bar by shaping a world class customer experience for a growing segment of Everlaw’s clients. You’ll gain exposure to a variety of legal organizations-- from corporate clients and firms to government agencies and nonprofits -- and help them draw value from our sophisticated technology. By collaborating with other members of the Customer Success organization -- including Customer Support and User Education -- you’ll exemplify our value of “Respect for Users” by attending to every detail of the customer experience while you help to increase revenue and Everlaw adoption among growth-oriented clients. You’ll partner with a broad range of teams across Everlaw to advocate for our customers, and you’ll get to interact with all aspects of a rapidly growing technology company, providing a great foundation for a career in Customer Success, Product, and more.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and democratic and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
This is a full-time, nonexempt position located in Oakland, California.
In the first few months, you will
- Become product certified! You’ll begin by completing training modules to get up to speed on the Everlaw platform. We’ll teach you everything you need to know!
- Support Everlaw’s clients through written and over-the-phone inquiries, gaining familiarity with client workflows, challenges, and opportunities for improvement.
- Get to know Customer Success in legal technology by shadowing kickoff calls, business reviews, and other client meetings - and then lead them yourself!
- Track, manage, and drive resolution of technical issues, collaborating with other internal teams, managing customer expectations, and escalating them appropriately.
- Act as a voice of the customer by synthesizing client feedback for our Product team.
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you’ll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1. You’ll have time to develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects of Everlaw.
Going forward, you will
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team to launch new initiatives to define and evolve an industry-leading customer experience.
- Develop a deep understanding of Everlaw’s clients’ technical and commercial needs, and deliver value on their investment throughout their Everlaw journey.
- Manage the post-sales customer experience including onboarding, training, workflow consultation, adoption, renewal and upsell motions for a large segment of Everlaw’s growth-oriented clients.
- Form partnerships beyond the Customer Success team with your colleagues in Sales, Product, Engineering, and Marketing to bring the voice of the customer into all aspects of Everlaw’s product development and positioning.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and understand how to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- You are resilient and willing to iterate on your approach when you encounter adversity. You thrive in an environment that gives and receives continuous learning feedback.
- You are a curious and versatile problem solver, comfortable clarifying ambiguous situations to overcome obstacles and resolve issues in a variety of domains (i.e. technical, commercial, and operational).
- You’re empathetic to your colleagues and customers, and committed to delivering a high quality customer experience over the long term.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- You have customer success or project management experience.
- You are familiar with the legal and e-discovery industries.
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Retirement plan with company matching Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity, including the California Equal Pay Act.