Everlaw is looking for an Instructional Designer to join our rapidly-growing team!
The Instructional Designer will own Everlaw’s robust product certification program, which serves both internal and external users. They will be responsible for thinking deeply about how to design educational programming that is easy to digest and flexible for varying audiences. They will also own the strategy for scaling our existing certification processes, and working with multiple internal teams to ensure it meets the audience’s needs as Everlaw’s product and company grow and evolve. It is the Instructional Designer’s mission to ensure internal hires and external partners alike have the product knowledge necessary to excel in their roles.
If this sounds like a match, we’d love to hear from you! This is a full-time on-site position located in Oakland, California.
- Manage certification program for internal hires and external stakeholders
- Write test questions and guides
- Assess efficacy of platform learning programs across teams and partners
- Collaborate with other teams to improve platform knowledge
- Own the Everlaw’s entire ecosystem of platform certification for internal and external users; develop a strategy to scale existing program for an evolving product and audience
- Conduct live, web-based certification assessments
- Provide support to candidates (onsite and remote) throughout the platform certification process
- Build metrics to analyze the effectiveness of platform certification and continuously improve the learning experience
- Collaborate with team members organization wide to develop product documentation, including video content
- Experience designing creative ways to help other people learn, digest, and understand complex topics
- Have a strategic mind and enjoy thinking about structures, curricula, rubrics, and processes that are scalable for an evolving product and audience
- Strong verbal communicator and listener who is comfortable evaluating others and providing feedback via live assessments (in-person and remote)
- Enjoy balancing project ownership with collaboration
- Strong written communicator
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Generous annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities
- Reimbursement of bar membership
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host scores of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for preferred pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.