DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer
Join a growing, venture-funded startup! We manage dozens of terabytes of data and dozens of AWS Instances across multiple VPCs. Our clients use Everlaw to operate on mission-critical and highly confidential data.
To date, our team of a dozen full-stack engineers has been managing this infrastructure. We are looking for someone to own the administration of our architecture as Everlaw grows. We have a history of building reliable software (we have averaged 99.9% uptime since 2014). You’ll help us keep it that way -- and get even better -- as we expand our offerings and host orders of magnitude more data. You’ll work closely with our developers and other core team members to improve our processes and automation with respect to the responsibilities listed below.
- Server administration, security, logging, and monitoring
- Optimization of AWS resources
- Development and testing environments
- Redundancy and failover mechanisms for our production architecture
- New release deployments
- Aiding in critical issue resolution as needed (during work hours or otherwise)
- 2+ years experience administering a cloud environment
- Extensive scripting and Unix experience
- An obsession with automation and process improvement
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Comfort with administering an always-on platform
- Initiative and autonomy
- A commitment to security best practices
- Authorization to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- Expertise in one or more compiled languages
- Desire to document
- Specific expertise in Amazon Web Services
- Relocation assistance will be provided to those coming from outside of the SF Bay Area.
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Maternity, paternity, and sick leave
- Fifteen paid vacation days, plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Work in downtown Berkeley, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your own hardware and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" to work for in 2015
We're a growing startup with a real business model, rapid growth, and venture funding from Andreessen Horowitz. We provide document analysis, review, and discovery tools to law firms who need to wade through millions of pages of evidence to find that one needle in the haystack (or sometimes the smoking gun!).
We host terabytes of data. Our office is located in downtown Berkeley, just blocks away from the BART line and dozens of restaurants. We're also big nerds. Our CEO has a Ph.D. in Computer Science from UC Berkeley. We compete with better technology combined with a deeper understanding of our users' needs.