Customer Support Specialist
Oakland, California /
Customer Success /
Come join the fastest growing ediscovery software company in Silicon Valley. As a Customer Support Specialist, you'll greatly impact the day-to-day experience of our clients. You’ll be the first line of contact for our customers, ensuring that all clients are successful and delighted by their Everlaw experience. You’ll be responsible for answering client questions, teaching product functionality and troubleshooting technical issues via phone and email. Your work will matter-- the exceptional service you provide directly impacts the success of the legal teams at law firms, corporations, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations who collaborate on our platform every day to discover truth and promote justice.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and democratic and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
This is a full-time on-site position located in Oakland, California. This position requires working alternative days and hours including 6:00am-3:00pm PST, 12:00pm-9:00pm PST, or 2:00pm-11:00 PST.
In the first few months, you will
- Become product certified! You’ll begin by completing training modules to get up and running on the ins and outs of the Everlaw platform.
- Start your journey on the support queue, providing world-class customer support.
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you'll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1. You'll have time to develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects of Everlaw.
Going forward, you will
- Use your egoless communication and collaborate with your teammates to solve complex client tickets and improve our customer satisfaction scores.
- Participate in quarterly performance and development objectives meetings with your direct manager to build development goals and pathways.
- Become a subject matter expert in certain areas of the product and continue to deepen your knowledge of the platform overall.
- Develop a strong relationship with the Product and Engineering teams to drive product improvements.
- You have a passion for technology and for helping others to understand and use it.
- You have exceptional oral and written communication skills that show enthusiasm, energy, and empathy.
- You are incredibly organized, process-driven, and capable of anticipating and mitigating friction points in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a thoughtful collaborator, partnering cross-functionally to drive a streamlined customer experience.
- You are a quick, eager, and proactive learner, and take initiative to promptly resolve and learn from challenges.
- You have experience working in Customer Support, ideally at a software or legal technology company, but this is not required.
- You have experience using Customer Relationship Management tools such as Zendesk and/or Salesforce, but this is not required.
- You are comfortable using Google Applications, such as GMail, Google Calendar and Google Docs.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- “Ranked #1 on G2 for Ediscovery Software and Momentum” and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through “Everlaw for Good”
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for preferred pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.