Oakland, California /
Everlaw is looking for an Accounting Manager to join our rapidly growing Accounting team. As a key leader in the Accounting department, you’ll be responsible for building an Accounting team to create our financial reporting foundation and establish internal controls. You’ll drive projects to establish an efficient month-end close, streamline our procure to pay and order to cash processes, and support other finance initiatives. Reporting to our Controller, you will have the opportunity to use your leadership skills to scale an organization that is doing meaningful work in the industry, valuing truth and helping our users discover it.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and democratic, and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
This is a full time on-site position located in Oakland, California.
In the first few months, you will
- Actively manage all aspects of financial close including global consolidated financial statement reporting; reviewing month-end financials for accuracy and quality to ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Lead in initiative for process improvements and optimize efficiencies in the accounting and reporting areas, including elimination or streamlining of manual or non-effective tasks.
- Assist in all technical accounting matters, including developing, maintaining, and enforcing accounting policies and procedures in accordance with US GAAP and other authoritative literature.
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you will bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1. You will have time to develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects of Everlaw.
In the first year, you will
- Assist in the development of Everlaw’s international accounting strategy.
- Collaborate closely with other finance managers to support overall department goals and objectives and work closely with business partners inside and outside of finance with regard to financial results, special reporting requests and special projects.
- Assist with implementing company-wide internal control compliance, leading to improved processes and safeguarding company assets.
- Oversee compliance for specific international entities including country-specific statutory audits requiring the preparation of analysis and other supporting schedules, details, and information to support the annual statutory and corporate audits.
- Manage the external auditors and tax service providers.
- Hire, manage, mentor, and develop staff and other professionals across the finance organization, providing actionable feedback and opportunities for growth.
- Manage process and workflow changes in NetSuite.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- You have at least 6 years of progressive experience.
- You have a CPA/CA with deep knowledge of US GAAP.
- You bring strong business acumen, analytical skills, and prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have the proven ability to clearly and concisely implement new processes that involve multiple stakeholders or user groups.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- You have international finance/accounting management experience working for a US multinational company with a complex legal entity structure.
- You have experience working in a large ERP (SAP, Oracle, NetSuite) environment.
- You have experience working in a fast-growing startup environment.
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- “Ranked #1 on G2 for Ediscovery Software and Momentum” and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through “Everlaw for Good”
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for preferred pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.