Business Development Manager
Business Development & Intelligence
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager to join our rapidly-growing team!
As a Business Development Manager, you help manage our external partner relationships—addressing both their day-to-day tactical needs and our longer-term partner strategy. You will draw on your ediscovery expertise, relationship management skills, and organizational acumen to ensure that our partners are able to successfully sell and support our cloud-based ediscovery software. As a member of the business development team, you excel in a fast-paced, self-starting environment. You collaborate effectively with the many related areas of the company—from Sales and Marketing to Customer Success and Engineering—and are committed to developing strong working relationships with our outside partners. You are a fierce and articulate advocate for partner needs, without losing sight of what’s best for the company and Everlaw’s users. You are metrics- and process-driven, are equally comfortable obsessing over details and thinking about the big picture, and want to execute as much as you want to ideate. This position is a particularly good fit for someone interested in joining a fast-growing startup and helping it scale, drawing on and expanding the breadth of their proficiencies alongside the development of the company.
If this sounds like a match, we’d love to hear from you! This is a full-time on-site position located in Oakland, California.
Mission—What you will do in the next 12–18 months:
Support partner personnel in their daily work deploying and supporting Everlaw. Grow partner usage—including revenue, data volume, and numbers of cases and clients—and the satisfaction of both partners and their customers. Ensure partner needs are well-represented internally, particularly on the product roadmap.
Outcomes—What you will achieve in the first 12–18 months
- Set up and conduct regular meetings with support leads at every service partner to surface and address tactical questions and issues, filing all necessary bug reports and feature requests.
- Devise, deploy, and monitor training and certification plans for all relevant partner personnel, including training related to feature releases.
- Help lead quarterly strategic reviews with each service partner, focusing on analysis of usage and satisfaction trends and any necessary remediation, ensuring that the satisfaction of partner users is in line with direct users.
- Refine partner metrics, including what we report, how we report it, and how we gather the data.
- Go on-site with partners in support of their sales and marketing efforts, and our joint campaigns.
- Monitor and enhance referral partner performance in collaboration with sales and marketing.
- Detailed understanding of the ediscovery process, including the common workflows and technologies involved
- Initiative and superior organizational skills, including the ability to make progress on multiple workstreams at once
- Aptitude turning messy data into actionable insight
- Passion for delivering excellent support, and helping others to do the same
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid technical chops
- Authorization to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- Experience managing channel partnerships—particularly ones with complex and potentially conflicting interests—with a solid understanding of channel partner dynamics and empathy for the partner point of view
- Extensive knowledge of the ediscovery market, including the major software platforms, service providers, and clients
- Experience working at an ediscovery software and/or services provider, preferably in a client-facing role
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Reimbursement of bar membership
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your own hardware and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host scores of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.