Data Operations Associate
Oakland, California /
Customer Success /
Everlaw is looking for our next Data Operations Associate to join our Customer Success team! As a Data Operations Associate, you’ll play a key role for our clients by resolving technical issues with their electronic data in various formats. Through exceptional attention to detail and technical expertise, you’ll be responsible for electronic data analysis, data ingestion, quality control, and consulting with clients on complex data migrations. By operationalizing data and data processing, your work will directly impact one of the core parts of Everlaw’s business and critical for the litigation and investigations hosted on our platform.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and democratic and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
Please note that this is not a Data Scientist role.
This is a full-time, nonexempt position located onsite in Oakland, California.
In the first few months, you will
- Become Everlaw Uploads Certified and learn other tools to troubleshoot issues with various document file types, while working with our developers to find product solutions when necessary.
- Own the process of uploading client data into our platform and being responsible for data quality and timeliness.
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you'll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1.
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our policies, processes, team structure, and goals.
Moving forward, you will
- Be a subject matter expert for internal and external communications related to data management, ingestions, analysis and handling production data.
- Participate & lead database migrations from various platforms onto the Everlaw platform.
- Collaborate with Product, Design & Engineering on features to further improve Everlaw’s uploading capabilities.
- Work closely with your Team Lead to build out professional goals and pathways.
- You have technical fluency in ediscovery and are familiar with data ingestion in ediscovery platforms. You are also familiar with other technical platforms including all MS Office applications, zip/compression tools, data manipulation tools, and have an interest in learning new technologies.
- You have excellent multi-tasking abilities, attention to detail and managing multiple responsibilities at the same time.
- You strive to make improvements and develop new processes to ensure tasks are done efficiently.
- You are drawn to solving problems and enjoy digging into complex data questions by challenging your assumptions and expanding your knowledge in creative ways.
- You function both in a team environment and be resourceful as an independent contributor, thriving at meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- You have significant experience with litigation technology tools (Relativity, LAW, Concordance) and the associated data formats (DAT, OPT, LFP, DII).
- You have experience with processing electronically stored information (ESI).
- You have experience with Python in relation to data manipulation.
- You have experience with project management.
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401(k) with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Fully paid pregnancy and bonding leaves for new parents (including adoptive and foster)
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity, including the California Equal Pay Act.