Director of Recruiting
We’re looking for a Director of Recruiting to operationalize and scale our entire hiring process from initial role ideation through offer. You’ll partner with the hiring managers and team leads to build a sustainable talent pipeline, source excellent candidates, and to ensure each applicant has a positive experience throughout the interview process. You’ll be the voice of the candidate, representative of the company, and the steward of cultural fit. You’ll be a master of managing changing schedules and unscripted demands with a calm and collected demeanor.
You should be a highly motivated, creative problem-solver, and have a relentless desire to deliver quality results. You are hungry for continual improvement and streamlining of your appointed tasks, and have an obsession for details and cannot leave out any loose ends (aka. organized). You are capable, independent, and operate effectively in a similarly self-starting environment. Does joining a fast-growing startup and helping it scale excite you? If so, this could be for you. Below are a few more key responsibilities you should have under your belt.
- Develop full-cycle sourcing and recruiting strategy to meet company growth goals
- Evaluate and revamp our current hiring process, while engaging hiring managers to identify and define hiring needs, interview process, and candidate specifications
- Work with hiring managers to craft job postings, and be able to write and refine accordingly
- Maintain internal and external communications with candidates: screen candidates for culture and competency fit, coordinate and schedule candidate interviews
- Manage our pipeline, maintain stats, and identify improvements to be made to our processDevelop a detailed understanding of Everlaw's value-proposition, business model, recruiting process, and hiring goals
- Enable data-driven, process-oriented decisions by tracking recruiting activities within Everlaw's ATS
- Provide insights gained through candidate interactions to influence recruiting and talent marketing strategies
- 5+ years of Talent, Recruiting or similar experience, preferably in a managerial role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to articulate the value proposition and company messaging
- Successful track record sourcing, pipeline building, and recruiting team building in a startup or similar environment
- Self-motivated, capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and changing environment
- High level of professionalism; must thrive on teamwork, overcoming obstacles and gaining shared vision on complex issues and be able to pitch in (outside of these requirements) when needed
- Proven experience in filling a diversity of functions and experience levels, with an aptitude and inclination to use data to drive hiring decisionsDetail and results oriented; skilled at both planning and hands-on execution
- Experience sourcing and recruiting for Enterprise SaaS roles in the San Francisco Bay Area is a plus
- BA/BS required
- Authorization to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Reimbursement of bar membership
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host scores of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.