Back End Engineer | Brand
Research & Development – Engineering /
Full time - Remote
Who we are 🌍🛒
Everli is Europe’s leading marketplace for online grocery shopping and one of its fastest growing scale-ups. Our mission is to help people achieve peace of mind by simplifying the grocery shopping experience.
We are supported by world-class investors, raising $100 million in Series C in 2021 led by Verlinvest, with participation from Luxor, DN Capital, C4 Ventures, Convivavilité Ventures, FITEC, 360 Capital Partners, Innogest and DIP.
New customers quadrupled last year as we expanded into new international markets and covered 80 cities. We achieve our growth through a culture that is collaborative, transparent, data-driven and focused on our mission.
Our rapidly growing and diverse international team (20 nationalities and counting) has offices located in Italy (with headquarters in Milan & Verona), Czech Republic, France and Poland. We will soon launch our business in Germany and Romania and we have many remote job opportunities in other countries as well.
Our professional challenge:
Every month we have millions of sessions and hundreds of thousands of users on our platform. Customers create thousands of orders every day in multiple countries. But now we want more and we need your help to display the proper items to the right customers.
As a developer here, you will tackle world-class challenges in high-throughput systems, scaling, orchestrating, and more. You will play with asynchronous and multi-process patterns in an enthusiastic run to scale our business.
The Brand component builds ad products for brands, allowing them to promote their products online, improving their visibility.
Our goal is to match the best possible promotion to each customer in order to improve both customers and brands.
If "can-do" is what you say to that nasty mission-critical project with no time to develop it and you see bugs as opportunities, today is your lucky day: we are looking for a Back End Engineer to join our tech Brand component!
What you will do:
- You will join a distributed team of developers, with an actual decision autonomy: you will be responsible for your work;
- You will find brilliant solutions for complex problems;
- You will write quality software: readable, well designed and thoroughly tested code;
- You will work together with people from other key areas, participating on analysis, discussion and implementation phase.
Why you should join us now:
- You have the chance to change the life of millions of people;
- You can rely on talented and collaborative colleagues who will both push and support you;
- You get a competitive compensation package;
- You receive a budget to create your own home workstation;
- You can use a yearly training budget (for online courses, books, conferences, workshops...);
- You can choose your preferred work laptop (Mac/PC) and you get a software license budget;
- You have flexible working conditions and you can work wherever you want: our team is fully remote since 2017;
- You can enjoy a work life budget to book short/medium periods of accomodation in amazing places in Italy where you can work remotely, bringing with you a relative, friend or teammate;
- You have a 15% discount on your grocery with Everli.com;
What you bring:
- Love for coding: you are proud of your work;
- Large-scale data processing: you know how to deal with a large amount of data (moving hundreds of GBs of data);
- Experience with multi-process patterns to scale up our synchronous and asynchronous tools;
- Knowledge of our current technology stack: PHP (Laravel), RabbitMQ, Git, Unix-like environment;
- Knowledge of relational (MySQL) and key-value (Redis) databases;
- Great communication and synthesis skills working closely with product managers, other teams and both internal and external stakeholders;
- Analytical, detail-focused mindset;
- Be able to legally work in Europe (you are the holder of an EU Passport or you are the holder of EU residency permit or you are the holder of a Schengen Work Visa).
Our salary range for this position will be:
- Employees: 30 to 40k as Gross Annual Salary (€)
- Freelancers: 20 to 30€ per working hour
Everli is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We foster an inclusive and diverse workplace. No matter who you are, what you look like or how many years ago you have started your career: you will always be welcome in our team. Just like in a grocery store, diversity is richness! 💚