Research & Development – Engineering /
Full time - Remote
Who we are 🌍🛒
Everli is Europe’s leading marketplace for online grocery shopping and one of its fastest growing scale-ups. Our mission is to help people achieve peace of mind by simplifying the grocery shopping experience.
We are supported by world-class investors, raising $100 million in Series C in 2021 led by Verlinvest, with participation from Luxor, DN Capital, C4 Ventures, Convivavilité Ventures, FITEC, 360 Capital Partners, Innogest and DIP.
New customers quadrupled last year as we expanded into new international markets and covered 80 cities. We achieve our growth through a culture that is collaborative, transparent, data-driven and focused on our mission.
Our rapidly growing and diverse international team (20 nationalities and counting) has offices located in Italy (with headquarters in Milan & Verona), Czech Republic, France and Poland. We will soon launch our business in Germany and Romania and we have many remote job opportunities in other countries as well.
Our professional challenge:
Hey you! Our team is helping the billion euros grocery industry move its marketing online with ads that engage customers and drive value for brands. This team ensures we are prioritizing the best ad for a customer, and delivers the highest engagement rate and best advertiser value.
Our next technical leader will be building the future of how people interact with advertising in the relatively new online grocery space, touching many different technologies.
- Integrating complex systems and making them simpler is your bread and buttter
- Simplifying and automating lengthy processes is something you can do in your sleep?
- Letting your hands dirty with the latest piece of tech is your thing?
If "can-do" is what you say to that nasty mission-critical project with no time to develop it and you see bugs as opportunities, today is your lucky day: we are looking for a Technical Leader to join our tech Brand squad!
What you will do:
- You will lead a distributed engineering team and manage the development of advertiser-facing features and API.
- You will collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Analytics, Business Development, Design, as well as other engineering teams within and beyond the Ads organization.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your team builds.
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
Why you should join us now:
- You have the chance to change the life of millions of people;
- You can rely on talented and collaborative colleagues who will both push and support you;
- You get a competitive compensation package;
- You receive a budget to create your own home workstation;
- You can use a yearly training budget (for online courses, books, conferences, workshops...);
- You can choose your preferred work laptop (Mac/PC) and you get a software license budget;
- You have flexible working conditions and you can work wherever you want: our team is fully remote since 2017;
- You can enjoy a work life budget to book short/medium periods of accomodation in amazing places in Italy where you can work remotely, bringing with you a relative, friend or teammate;
- You have a 15% discount on your grocery with Everli.com;
What you bring:
- Large-scale data processing: you know how to deal with large amount of data;
- Experience with multi-process patterns to scale up our synchronous and asynchronous tools;
- Knowledge of relational (MySQL) and non-relational (Elasticsearch) databases;
- Great communication and synthesis skills working closely with product managers, other teams and both internal and external stakeholders;
- Analytical, detail-focused mindset;
- Be able to legally work in Europe (you are the holder of an EU Passport or you are the holder of EU residency permit or you are the holder of a Schengen Work Visa).
Our salary range for this position will be:
- Employees: 35 to 45k as Gross Annual Salary (€)
- Freelancers: 25 to 35€ per working hour
Everli is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We foster an inclusive and diverse workplace. No matter who you are, what you look like or how many years ago you have started your career: you will always be welcome in our team. Just like in a grocery store, diversity is richness! 💚