Legal Specialist - Privacy & Compliance
Legal – Legal /
Full time - Remote
Who we are 🌍🛒
Everli is Europe’s leading marketplace for online grocery shopping and one of its fastest growing scale-ups. Our mission is to help people achieve peace of mind by simplifying the grocery shopping experience.
We are supported by world-class investors, raising $100 million in Series C in 2021 led by Verlinvest, with participation from Luxor, DN Capital, C4 Ventures, Convivavilité Ventures, FITEC, 360 Capital Partners, Innogest and DIP.
New customers quadrupled last year as we expanded into new international markets and covered 80 cities. We achieve our growth through a culture that is collaborative, transparent, data-driven and focused on our mission.
Our rapidly growing and diverse international team (20 nationalities and counting) has offices located in Italy (with headquarters in Milan & Verona), Czech Republic, France and Poland. We will soon launch our business in Germany and Romania and we have many remote job opportunities in other countries as well.
Our professional challenge:
For our headquarters in Milan, we are looking for a Legal Specialist to join our Legal Department in Italy. Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for all privacy and compliance matters across the Everli Group.
What you will do:
- You will work with the Product, Marketing, HR, Business Development and Tech teams to ensure Everli’s ongoing compliance with data protection laws across Europe, including GDPR and national legislation;
- You will develop internal privacy programs as well as templates and guidance notes for privacy, data protection, cross-border transfers and other privacy and personal data topics with the aim to manage privacy issues in creative, business-centric ways;
- You will manage outside DPO and privacy counsels;
- You will manage and conduct internal audits across Everli Group;
- You will monitor legislative and regulatory developments in the area of data protection and privacy in the EU.
- You will coordinate the development and application of the Organisation, Management and Control Model, and its relevant procedures, foreseen by Italian Legislative Decree 231/01 for the Everli Group;
- You will organize internal trainings on compliance and legal matters;
- You will assist the Senior Legal Counsel with a broad range of corporate compliance matters (anti-money laundering, ultimate Beneficial Owner declarations, administrative filings, ESG, etc.).
Why you should join us:
- You have the chance to change the life of millions of people;
- You can rely on talented and collaborative colleagues who will both push and support you;
- You get a competitive compensation package, including performance bonuses;
- You can use a welfare budget for a wide selection of services (education, public transport, vacations and entertainment, wellness, culture etc);
- You receive a budget to create your own home workstation;
- You can enjoy a work life budget to book short/medium period of accomodation in amazing places in Italy where you can work remotely, bringing with you a relative, friend or teammate;
- You have flexible working conditions;
- You have a 15% discount on your grocery with Everli.com.
What you bring:
- You have at least 3 years of working experience, with a proven focus on privacy and/or compliance field gained in-house or at a law firm;
- You have good knowledge of the GDPR and other Italian privacy laws; knowledge of Italian Law 231/2001 is desirable;
- You got an Italian Law Degree with excellent academic records; a final dissertation on Privacy / Data Protection matters will be a strong plus;
- You are Italian mother tongue (or equivalent) and fluent in English (written and verbal);
- You have strong relationship and communication skills from a customer-facing and technical perspective;
- You are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment and enthusiastic to roll up sleeves, learn fast and take responsibility;
- You are ambitious with the potential to grow with the company;
- You are willing to pursue a career as an in-house lawyer;
- You are innovative, progressive, extremely hands-on, and customer-obsessed;
- You are proactive and fast-moving when necessary to complete projects in a timely fashion.
You can really knock our socks off, if you have:
- Qualification as an Italian Lawyer;
- LLM or a secondary level master in law;
- Documented study or work experience outside of Italy.
Everli is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We foster an inclusive and diverse workplace. No matter who you are, what you look like or how many years ago you have started your career: you will always be welcome in our team. Just like in a grocery store, diversity is richness! 💚