Security Engineer [Remote]
Austin, TX /
Engineering – Engineering /
Everly Health is the leading digital health company at the forefront of the $300 billion dollar virtual diagnostics-driven care industry. Our mission is to improve the lives of millions with a fully integrated digital care platform for consumers and businesses. We continue to innovate in the space by delivering more care to more people on a seamless diagnostics-driven platform.
Everlywell, the consumer-initiated at-home laboratory testing brand within Everly Health, has helped over 1 million people manage their health and wellness with easy at-home tests, physician-reviewed results and actionable intelligence delivered digitally in days. You know your body best, and we believe information about the way your body works should be fully visible and available to you however and whenever you need it.
We’re hiring a Security Engineer to work directly with our Engineering, Privacy, and Compliance teams to ensure best in class security for our customers. You will be an evangelist for security best practices and help educate the engineering team and the entire organization on how we each contribute to the security of our customer’s data.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the adoption of best practices for security through the SDLC
- Build automated guardrails to enhance the security of our applications
- Work with our red team to identify potential security vulnerabilities
- Educate the engineering team on defensive coding
- Work with Privacy and Compliance to document and monitor our security practices
- Help shape company security training
Who You Are:
- Is naturally curious and interested in security and privacy
- Is comfortable engaging with departments outside of engineering to heighten security
- Has experience with vulnerabilities, exploits, and their defenses
- Can balance articulating the big picture and details depending on the audience
- Is eager and excited to evangelize security
- Collaborates well with cross functional team members: product, compliance, privacy, and engineering in a fast paced, regularly changing environment
- Is most comfortable when there’s too much to do and can juggle a variety of tasks
- Everyone knows that when you take on a task whether it’s huge and scary or tiny and boring, you’re going to see it through
What You've Done:
- 3+ years of Experience with Cloud security (AWS, etc.)
- Experience with secure SDLC best practices
- Understanding of authentication protocols and frameworks (OAuth, SSO/SAML, OpenID, etc.)
- DevOps and configuration management with tools like Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Conversant with REST and/or GraphQL
- Juggled a variety of different responsibilities
- Influenced or inspired cross functional teams to take action around security
- Advanced programming experience (Ruby, Python, Golang, Bash, etc)
You'll Love Working Here:
· Venture backed by top-tier firms
· The opportunity ahead knows no bounds
· Open vacation policy
· Employee discounts
· Paid parental leave
· Health benefits
NO EXTERNAL RECRUITERS - INDIVIDUAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Everly Health is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
HIPAA Disclaimer: This role will be in an environment that has access to protected health information (PHI) and all security standards to protect PHI must be followed.