Chicago, IL /
Engineering – Engineering /
Everly Health is the leading digital health company at the forefront of the $300 billion dollar virtual diagnostics-driven care industry. Our mission is to improve the lives of millions with a fully integrated digital care platform for consumers and businesses. We continue to innovate in the space by delivering more care to more people on a seamless diagnostics-driven platform.
Everlywell, the consumer-initiated at-home laboratory testing brand within Everly Health, has helped over 1 million people manage their health and wellness with easy at-home tests, physician-reviewed results and actionable intelligence delivered digitally in days. You know your body best, and we believe information about the way your body works should be fully visible and available to you however and whenever you need it.
We are hiring a QA Engineer to work within an engineering team to deliver new features to our users while ensuring quality at every step of the way. You will serve as a subject matter expert for the testing of our applications, help progress our testing efforts, and act as an individual contributor on one of our engineering teams.
Reporting directly to the QA Manager, you will work on a cross-functional, scrum team in the engineering department. You will help to deliver new features and functionality to our users on a sprint by sprint basis and help promote a culture of quality across all of Engineering. This position will partner closely with the product owner and R&D to experiment with early prototypes and vet out product designs. You will be responsible for executing V&V requirements to ensure software products are developed, tested, and released in compliance with Corporate and Medical Device Regulations.
We are in high growth, startup mode and need someone who is willing to get their hands dirty. If you are passionate about building quality software and looking for an opportunity to learn, build, optimize, and grow, Everlywell is the place for you.
** Please note: we ARE considering remote, US based candidates for this role with preference given to candidates who can easily travel to our Hoffman Estates, IL location.
What You'll Do:
- Analyze, design, code, inspect, debug, and test new software in our consumer facing products as part of a scrum team
- Enforce verification and validation (V&V) methodology and readiness to ensure that quality issues are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in the defect tracking system
- Write Visual regression tests using Azure DevOps for new, frontend features
- Manually test features that do not require automation as your team finishes them
- Serve as the expert on quality and testing on your team and bring up unique test perspectives on new features as they are being refined
- Support department managers by creating standard operating procedures for new features and functionality.
- Promote a culture of quality in our Engineering department as well as the company
- Work within the QA team to determine best test practices and share knowledge across engineering teams
Who You Are:
- 2+ years QA Engineer experience
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Passionate about Quality
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Proficient in Agile Scrum Mythology
- Familiar with Azure DevOps
- Self-driven and quick learner to take on challenging tasks
- Positive attitude and hunger for technology that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner
- Membership in one or more professional societies and/ or professional certification (e.g., CSQE, CSTE, etc.) – preferred but not required
You'll Love Working Here:
· Venture backed by top-tier firms
· The opportunity ahead knows no bounds
· Open vacation policy
· Employee discounts
· Paid parental leave
· Health benefits
NO EXTERNAL RECRUITERS - INDIVIDUAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Everly Health is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
HIPAA Disclaimer: This role will be in an environment that has access to protected health information (PHI) and all security standards to protect PHI must be followed.