Sr. Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
Remote or New York, NY /
Engineering – Engineering /
Everly Health is the leading digital health company at the forefront of the $300 billion dollar virtual diagnostics-driven care industry. Our mission is to improve the lives of millions with a fully integrated digital care platform for consumers and businesses. We continue to innovate in the space by delivering more care to more people on a seamless diagnostics-driven platform.
Everlywell, the consumer-initiated at-home laboratory testing brand within Everly Health, has helped over 1 million people manage their health and wellness with easy at-home tests, physician-reviewed results and actionable intelligence delivered digitally in days. You know your body best, and we believe information about the way your body works should be fully visible and available to you however and whenever you need it.
The Product & Technology team is responsible for building and maintaining our three core products: a back-end order routing and logistics platform, a white labeled patient-facing ordering platform, and a telehealth module to connect patients to live providers throughout the testing process. The Technology team works closely with Product Management and Design teams to architect and deliver high quality solutions that meet user needs and strategic goals of the business.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting Everly Health's products and platforms. We are looking for a problem solver with a strong technical background (Ruby on Rails, SQL, AWS), skilled in agile development with solid understanding of the full software development life-cycle and DevOps, who will work in highly productive and collaborative scrum teams and partner with product and business stakeholders to deliver and operate secure, high-performance, and scalable software solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Design and maintain complex and scalable applications using Ruby on Rails, Vue.js, and SQL.
- Improve scalability, service reliability, capacity, and performance of software.
- Promote agile development by engaging in sprint planning, retrospective, and daily standups.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, architects, and QA to build high quality, functional and impactful products.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of the software development lifecycle from ideation to delivery and production support.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years professional experience in software development, with at least 1 year Ruby/Rails hands-on development experience
- College degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience with API development and Service-oriented architecture
- Experience in cloud-based environment (AWS/Azure)
- Experience with Healthcare systems and data is plus
You'll Love Working Here:
· Venture backed by top-tier firms
· The opportunity ahead knows no bounds
· Open vacation policy
· Employee discounts
· Paid parental leave
· Health benefits
NO EXTERNAL RECRUITERS - INDIVIDUAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Everly Health is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
HIPAA Disclaimer: This role will be in an environment that has access to protected health information (PHI) and all security standards to protect PHI must be followed.