Site Development Manager San Francisco Bay Area
San Francisco, CA
Business Development – Business Development
EVgo is America’s largest public fast charging network. EVgo’s fast chargers deliver convenient, fast charges to EV drivers on the go, at a rate approximately eight times faster than conventional Level 2 charging. EVgo’s fast chargers are compatible with all EV models currently on the market that accept DC Fast Charging. With more than 1,000 fast chargers and more than 1,000 Level 2 chargers in 66 metropolitan markets, EVgo’s network in 34 U.S. states allows EV drivers to travel further while providing exemplary service by maintaining and operating its charging stations. EVgo offers a variety of flexible pricing options for drivers including Pay as You Go and low-cost Membership options, as well as complimentary charging plans for buyers of new vehicles from partner automakers, including BMW and Nissan. EVgo’s chargers are in convenient, high-traffic locations where demand for EV fast charging is highest. To find out more, or to join the EVgo network, visit EVgo.com. Connect with EVgo on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Drivers of electric vehicles need a place to charge, whether at home, at work, or on the go. This position will focus on development public charging infrastructure and creating the fueling station of the future. This candidate will be working on the foundation of the future with cutting edge of technical development within the Automotive and Electric Vehicle space. The successful candidate will be a critical member of the team focused on identifying potential charging station location, developing and nurturing host relationships from inception to contract execution for complete regions of the North America. The site developer will work with key stakeholders, property owners/operators, Architects, engineers, Utility engineers and operator, and construction firms. Candidates for this position must be excellent communicators and able to work through complex technical, regulatory, and relationship issues to design site specific charging infrastructure solutions. The successful candidate will be goal-motivated, adaptable in a start-up environment, a strategic thinker and a self-starter.
- Identify, design, and contract DC fast charging stations at retail centers and commercial parking facilities
- Assess wide range of properties for EV infrastructure feasibility and design cost-effective, driver-oriented infrastructure with input from the property manager
- Develop and manage national portfolio partnerships, as well as local “mom and pop” opportunities
- Coordinate with construction and building management during installation of EV infrastructure at multiple sites
- Work as a team to develop and optimize continuous improvement of design, relationship and sales process
- Manage follow-up processes from site assessment to installation including input of data into development tracking system
- Interact with and understand the key business relationships at EVgo including the local utility, architects, electrical contractor, and auto manufacturers.
- Assist in other marketing activities as required from staging events to managing commercial client relations
- Provide detailed reporting of site development stages
- Adapt to a changing business model and learn to contribute across the organization
Required Skills and Experience
- B to B sales experience required
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, engage and close complex deals
- Experience working with real estate property owners or tenants, either through direct sales, real estate development/acquisition, or tenant leasing
- Self-motivated, problem-solver
- Sound analytical skills. Ability to exercise personal judgment to make a decision where required
- Excellent initiative and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex concepts
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and to respond to changing demands from multiple sources
- Proficient computer skills
- Follows through to completion
- [JE1] Ability to operate effectively in a start-up environment
- Bachelor’s degree required, and two or more years of field sales experience
- Basic understanding of building & electrical infrastructure a plus
- Experience selling to or managing large, national portfolio accounts a plus
- Existing Relationships and understanding of the commercial real estate market a plus
- [JE1]I’m not sure this is necessary; weekend work is so rare, including it in the JD makes it seem like a regular occurrance
To find out more, or to join the EVgo network, visit www.evgo.com. Connect with EVgo on LinkedInFacebook and follow us on Twitter.