Los Angeles, CA
Corporate – Finance and Accounting
EVgo is America’s largest public fast charging network. EVgo’s fast chargers deliver convenient, fast charges to EV drivers on the go, at a rate approximately eight times faster than conventional Level 2 charging. EVgo’s fast chargers are compatible with all EV models currently on the market that accept DC Fast Charging. With more than 1,000 fast chargers and more than 1,000 Level 2 chargers in 66 metropolitan markets, EVgo’s network in 34 U.S. states allows EV drivers to travel further while providing exemplary service by maintaining and operating its charging stations. EVgo offers a variety of flexible pricing options for drivers including Pay as You Go and low-cost Membership options, as well as complimentary charging plans for buyers of new vehicles from partner automakers, including BMW and Nissan. EVgo’s chargers are in convenient, high-traffic locations where demand for EV fast charging is highest. To find out more, or to join the EVgo network, visit EVgo.com. Connect with EVgo on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We’re looking for a Financial Analyst to join EVgo. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of a clean-energy company by providing analytical insights and developing robust financial plans and targets. Evaluating the return on investment of development projects and key customer opportunities will be a key responsibility. Reporting to the CFO, the Financial Analyst will work closely with business teams throughout the company as well as the Accounting group.
- Develop detailed department operating budgets.
- Analyze company operations to understand and forecast expenditures.
- Assist in building and maintaining an integrated financial forecast model inclusive of income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Develop financial tools to evaluate the profitability of projects, market areas, and new initiatives.
- Participate in development of pricing proposals.
- Identify key metrics and build executive facing dashboards/reports to track performance of EV charging services and development projects.
- Prepare detailed capital project budgets.
- Develop analyses/tools to monitor business operations to better understand key drivers.
- Provide management with clear insights into drivers of business growth, risks, and opportunities.
- Present oral or written reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Applied Economics, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis or a similar analytic/reporting role.
- Prior experience building sophisticated financial models used to evaluate business opportunities.
- Prior experience operating a financial forecast model of a company’s financial statements including cash flow.
- Multi-dimensional data analysis experience including knowledge of common statistical methods.
- General knowledge of GAAP and the difference between accrual and cash accounting.
- Expert Excel user with proficiency in advanced data/financial operations.
- Proficient using PowerPoint to display quantitative information.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills to work with various stakeholders across the organization.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to think creatively and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player who’s willing to roll-up their sleeves and help where needed.
- Ability to handle competing priorities and complex projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.