San Mateo, CA
G&A – Finance/Accounting
Evisort is on a mission to change how companies interact with their most important legal documents, their incoming and outgoing contracts. The company was founded in 2016 out of Harvard Law and MIT research to develop artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms to help companies rapidly and accurately mine contracts for data. Evisort's AI understands meaning and context in legal language, virtually eliminating the need to screen contracts. Evisort helps companies, such as Netflix and Disney, to organize, understand, and extract data from their contracts. With Evisort, information locked away in documents becomes searchable, and key contract terms and important dates can be surfaced to the right people at the right time to accelerate legal review, reduce costs/risks and improve business compliance.
We are backed by some of the most prominent VC's with Microsoft being a leading investor in our last round of financing. Come join us and see what all the fuss is about.
We are seeking our first full time Controller to join us and help us set up our finance and accounting functions. We’re looking for someone who can scale with us, is ready to roll up their sleeves and get hands on implementing and maintaining our internal controls,
What You'll Do
- Develop, implement, and maintain our internal finance and accounting functions
- Own all of accounting, month-end close process and related reporting, including revenue recognition, general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, taxes, etc.
- Ensure that we can accurately report on relevant financial metrics internally, to our board and other stakeholders
- Assist with setting and tracking against monthly and annual budgets
- Track and account for all transactions
- Be responsible for the P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statements
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory and tax requirements
- 5+ years of relevant experience, ideally setting up the finance and accounting functions of an early stage company
- CPA and a Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting is required
- Previous experience in a fast paced start-up or scale-up environment is heavily preferred.
- Experience going through due diligence and taking a company through multiple rounds of funding a plus
- Experiencing migrating companies from QuickBooks (or similar) to NetSuite or similar more robust solutions
- Excel wizard
Evisort is an E-verify employer. Your eligibility to work in the US will be verified through the E-verify system.