User Experience Research Consultant
New York, NY
Have you been dreaming of joining an early-stage project? A team where your contributions have a huge impact? Are you excited about joining a project that has proven market fit with huge room for growth?
After incubating in Sentient Technologies (an AI research firm), with the backing of top VC firms, we’re building the foundational team to help us grow our proven technology into the leading solution for customer engagement optimization.
The project has already established substantial recurring revenue using online machine learning to optimize user engagement for some of the world’s top enterprises by up to 40%, and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for an experienced UX Researcher to help our customers solve their most important UX problems.
At Evolv, quantification of the user experience is at the forefront of what we do. We train our customers in formal experimental methods and help them learn to study and understand their users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. We work collaboratively with our customers to solve complex challenges and craft experiences for their users which help them achieve their goals. Our work impacts billions of users.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, and server logs; and derive opportunities for positively impacting our customers.
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers; helping to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.
Qualities We Value
- A deep curiosity and drive to improve our customers’ experience
- Professional industry experience in a related role (4+ years preferred)
- Strong analytical background (Mathematics / Statistics / Machine Learning)
- Ability to identify relevant metrics that can guide stakeholders to draw accurate conclusions
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of varying technical levels
- Ability to work with customers to understand detailed requirements and provide strategic guidance on user experience improvements that achieve the customers goals and vision
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related Anthropology, field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys.
- Relevant product research experience, either in an end-to-end, usability, or generative setting.
- Master's degree or PhD in a related field.
- 5 years of relevant work experience within User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, in an applied research setting, and/or product research and development.
- Experience in a variety of product spaces, applied research and/or academic settings.
- Proficiency in communicating user research findings with cross-functional partners to drive impact.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Experience leading client meetings and delivering presentations
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed
- Experience modeling and running experiments using Bayesian Statistics would be a plus.
- Experience with evolutionary computation would be a plus.
Evolv is an equal opportunity employer.