User Experience Strategist Consultant
Greater New York Area (NY/NJ)
Have you been dreaming of joining an early-stage startup? A team where your contributions have a huge impact? Are you excited about joining a company that has proven market fit with huge room for growth?
After incubating in Sentient Technologies (an AI research firm), with the backing of top VC firms, we’re building the foundational team to help us grow our proven technology into the leading solution for customer engagement optimization.
The company has already established substantial recurring revenue using online machine learning to optimize user engagement for some of the world’s top enterprises by up to 40%, and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for an experienced UX Strategist to help our customers solve their most important UX optimization problems.
At Evolv, quantification of the user experience is at the forefront of what we do. We train our customers in formal experimental methods and help them learn to study and understand their users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. We work collaboratively with our customers to solve complex challenges and craft experiences for their users which help them achieve their goals. Our work impacts billions of users.
The ideal UX Strategist candidate will hit the ground running and expertly lead and direct the interaction design strategy (web, mobile, applications) of large-scale program level initiatives. Additionally, the UX Strategist will partner with teams across the enterprise to define the strategy for the end user.
- Create world-class strategies for a wide range of user, business and marketing goals by leading program-level initiatives.
- Define complex problems expertly by using research, conceptualization (sketches / wireframes), visual design, information architecture, interaction, and by having a precise eye for detail on the execution. Delivers intuitive, engaging, and elegant experiences.
- Work in partnership with cross-divisional teams and senior leaders. Considers every aspect of the user's experience, business and marketing goals to coordinate and deliver design, prototype, documentation, and strategy to the highest possible standards.
- Design inspirational, useful, and usable experiences by placing the client/investor first while balancing business and marketing needs. Has expert knowledge in user-centered design principles, visual design, user behavior, interactions and brand.
- Oversee the project team on day-to-day operations of project deliverables, and problem resolution. Coordinate project schedules, assignments and workflows.
- Develop and leverage the professional network to foster collaboration across the enterprise, to support company-wide initiatives, and to improve the ability of the department in resolving issues.
- Use a variety of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to continually improve the user experience. Analyze data and client feedback in order to make critical design decisions.
- Utilize expert understanding of the latest technology and devices (including programming languages, network infrastructure, processes, web and mobile application development) to produce technically achievable and efficient interactive solutions.
- Present and "sell" design solutions to senior management, project teams, partners, and stakeholders. Ensure the success of the strategy and the ability to champion the best possible user experience.
Qualities We Value
- Professional industry experience in a related role (4+ years preferred)
- Expert in all areas of user experience design (information architecture, interaction design, visual design, prototype engineering, content, user experience).
- BA/BS degree in UX Related field (e.g. Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)) or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys.
- Relevant product research experience, either in an end-to-end, usability, or generative setting.
- Proven experience solving complex communication problems and designing world-class experiences for large-scale programs.
- Expert communication skills (storytelling, visualization) and the ability to get buy-in on those ideas within a large organization.
- Proven ability to lead a team and program level initiatives to success while turning failures into successes.
- Proven experience in using data (both quantitative and qualitative) analysis techniques to inform design.
Evolv is an equal opportunity employer.