Product Marketing Director
San Francisco, CA
Evolv Technologies is transforming the customer experience online through website and mobile app optimization. Using cutting-edge artificial intelligence developed over ten years, Evolv helps our global customers including some of the world’s top brands in retail, travel, financial services, telecommunications services and Internet services increase engagement, conversion and revenue.
We are now ready to scale and grow Evolv to the next level with a great product and great people. We’re innovators and believe in fostering an open, transparent and ambitious culture that enables each member of our team to make a significant impact and positively contribute to the growth of the company.Evolv is looking for an experienced Director of Product Marketing who is an expert in positioning, packaging, and sales enablement.
The Director of Product Marketing will be a key member of the extended leadership team within the company. This strategic role requires an individual with strong leadership skills who can work cross-functionally and understand our buyers deeply to develop compelling and differentiated product positioning and messaging to accelerate growth while enabling our sales team with the best tools, training, collateral and social proof to succeed in the field. This individual will own all aspects of product marketing, working closely with members of the leadership, sales, customer success and product teams. This is a great opportunity for candidates who want to work in a fast-paced environment, make a big impact and win as a team to scale a growing business.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
Leadership: Lead global product marketing efforts for Evolv
Positioning: Develop messaging and positioning for key personas and target segments that differentiates Evolv from alternative solutions
Sales Enablement: Develop high quality content for marketing and sales enablement, including external-facing presentations, customer case studies, demos, as well as internal-facing assets such as objection handling references, product FAQs, and sales training material
Marketing Content: Amplify Evolv’s story and value proposition via content including byline articles, explainer videos, blog posts and web copy, as well as work collaboratively to support demand generation and event marketing programs
Packaging & Pricing: Develop compelling packaging and pricing for Evolv’s growing set of offerings and capabilities, along with supporting sales tools
Product Launch: Drive the external market launch of new products and releases in partnership with Product Management
Competitive Intelligence: Be the expert on competition and ensure sales team knows how to differentiate and de-position them in the field
Voice of Customer: Work directly with clients, internal stakeholders and analysts to better understand buyer pains, needs and requirements; work with the product team to identify key areas of priority for future product development
Partner Marketing: Assist in the development of strategic partnerships and co-marketing initiatives; assist in the development of channel training materials
The right candidate will have:
- 7+ years of enterprise software / SaaS product marketing experience, including hands-on responsibilities with product messaging, content creation, and sales enablement
- Significant experience in partnering with Sales to find ways to improve sales and marketing effectiveness
- Track record of measurable success in accelerating sales growth of new, innovative products
- The ability to think strategically and analytically to break down problems and find creative solutions
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts succinctly and relevantly to prospective line-of-business buyers and budget owners
- Product marketing experience working with customers and analysts to understand our target market and improve sales and marketing effectiveness, as well as identify customer needs and future product opportunities
- Exceptional writing skills and visual skills to create thoughtful and effective messaging and marketing collateral
- A passion for storytelling, writing and content development to support demand generation and sales efforts
- A history of building strong working relationships with sales teams, product managers, and senior executives
- Hands-on, strong GSD work-ethic and sense of ownership
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field; post-graduate qualifications are a plus
Evolv is an equal-opportunity employer.