Back-End Software Engineer
Software Engineering /
Evooq is a Swiss investment and technology partner of banks, independent asset managers and pension funds. Active in the market since 2011, Evooq’s portfolio of solutions has been developed to empower advisors - from derivative financial instruments to risk intelligence, investment advisory and monitoring tools and more. To date, clients of leading financial institutions have utilized Evooq’s products in the Swiss, EU and Asian markets.
We are a human sized company focused on delivering innovative software products that change how wealth management services are delivered to clients.
We are looking for smart, pragmatic, clear communicators who like to solve problems with original thinking, drive features, and are able to work as part of an agile and cross-functional team in order to make us collectively stronger.
What You'll Do:
* Contribute in a cross-functional scrum team delivering new features on a continuous basis using Agile methodology
* Design, develop and deliver Java 11 & Spring based microservices and modules across a range of technologies directly in the core team of our products.
* You will have the opportunity to shape the future of the product
What You’ll Bring:
* A can-do attitude and abundance mindset - you'll be involved in the full software life cycle including decision-making from design to production
* Skills in developing microservices and modular (distributed) architectures
* Hands-on experience in designing and implementing high-quality modern APIs and back-end systems using Java & Spring
* An appetite to suggest and learn other languages and technologies such as Kotlin, Rust, Go, AI, Machine Learning
* Ability to analyze business requirements, brainstorm technology ideas and design/build efficient cloud solutions
* Teamspirit: You are a great teammate, making sure that everyone on your team feels valued and is excited to work with you
* Ability to complete projects with minimal supervision and direction
* Passion, curiosity, pragmatism and humility. We favour code and demos over lengthy discussions
What’s In It For You
* Progress and share experiences within self-organized teams of motivated people
* Work with cutting edge technologies
* Be challenged on new and interesting projects
* Contribute to all parts of the software architecture from design to deployment
* Be both a student and teacher to everyone you work with in a culture that focuses on curiosity and development
* To see our full technology stack: https://stackshare.io/evooq/evooq
We are looking for the following specific skills and experience but are happy to talk to people who are bright and have the ability to learn fast.
Frameworks: Spring Boot, Hibernate
Tools: junit, git, gradle
Methodologies: TDD, DDD
Relational Datastores: Postgres, MySQL, MSSQL
Optional but valuable skills and experience include:
Domain knowledge: financial products, wealth management
Agile delivery experience
Flexible working environment (flexible hours, ability to work remotely, open office)
25 days holiday allowance
Generous hardware and software budget
Candidates must have or be eligible for a work permit in Switzerland.
Full time in Lausanne.